Happy Birthday TexasCHLforum!!!

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Happy Birthday TexasCHLforum!!!

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

At 7:42pm tonight, the TexasCHLforum will be six years old. I want to thank all of our Members for making the Forum the great resource it is today. I also want to thank the Moderators who donate a lot of time to this effort.

The folks who have been here a long time have heard this before, but the new folks haven't. When I launched the Forum, I thought it would top out around 200 members. Well, I certainly missed that call! Six years later with almost 8,000 Members and approaching one half million posts, the Forum is the go-to Internet site for accurate information on a wide range of gun-related topics. You the Members did this, not me. All I did was load the software and push the "go" button.

People who have taken the PSC CHL classes with me as an instructor have heard this before, as have some people who have attended the Texas Self-Defense & Deadly Force Laws Seminar. I met my wife on a school bus when we were twelve years old and I've been crazy about her ever since. Nevertheless, we don't agree on everything and our differences in opinions are often very strongly felt. But that doesn't alter the fact that we love each other and are dedicated to each other in spite of our disagreements. It is similar with the Members of the Forum. We have differing opinions on certain goals, their priority, and/or how and when to reach those goals. With some obvious but few exceptions, our Members express their opinions respectfully and the discourse encourages participation, rather than isolation. This is probably the primary reason the Forum has grown as it has, and why we have between 7 and 9 million hits each month, during the off season.

On behalf of the Moderators and myself, I want to express our sincere appreciation to our Members for their collective efforts in making the TexasCHLforum a true Internet community that not only welcomes but encourages everyone from every walk of like, age, and political persuasion to participate in our discussions. I am both proud and saddened that six years after its creation, the Forum is still a unique and rare phenomenon on the Internet.

My God bless all of you and have a wonderful Christmas!

Chas.

:party:

The Annoyed Man

Re: Happy Birthday TexasCHLforum!!!

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I'll have been a member for 3 years on January 16 - almost half that time. It seems like longer than that. My hats are off to those who have been here from the beginning.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

hangfour

Post by hangfour »

Thanks Charles for getting all this going; thanks also to all those who post. This forum keeps me safe and informed. Blessing to all.
There is an afterlife - what we do here matters!
Kahr pm9 (mama-bear)
Kimber pro CDP II (papa-bear)
S&W 38 special airweight (baby-bear)

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

January 9 will be three years for me. I appreciate all of the help I have had from the members of this GREAT forum. Thanks to everyone. :cheers2:
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

I've only been on for a year, but I've been doing my best to annoy people for all 12 months so far :mrgreen:

I've only managed to get 2 or 3 post banned when I accidentally said something naughty :nono:

Anyway, speaking as a dude who manages a website and forums and other things, I can tell you that a site like this is a nonstop labor of love, and my hat's off to you for taking such a bold step! :txflag:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Thank you Charles
I was gonna make a birthday cake, but TAM couldn't keep his hands off it. (kidding) :lol:
I really appreciate all you guys, Mods, Members, everyone.
Attachments
258114315_e6bf523a13.jpg
Last edited by RPB on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Congratulations and thank you Mr.Cotton, the moderators, and all of my fellow members
for making this forum the premier CHL site in the great state of Texas.
Happy Birthday TexasCHLforum
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

I have been here since Dec 23, 2004 (member #18) this forum and Stopping Power are the only gun forums I visit on a daily basis. Both sites have rules and moderators who enforce the rules. Thanks to Charles and the mods for keeping this the top notch site it is.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Broncrider

Post by Broncrider »

3rd of Dec was two years for me.
Broncrider
"I'm your huckleberry"---Doc Holiday, Tombstone

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Happy Birthday everyone and thank you Charles and Mods. :clapping: :tiphat: :cheers2:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:At 7:42pm tonight, the TexasCHLforum will be six years old. I want to thank all of our Members for making the Forum the great resource it is today. I also want to thank the Moderators who donate a lot of time to this effort. May God bless all of you and have a wonderful Christmas! Chas.
And I forgot to bake a cake. :oops:
Thanks to Charles, the Moderators and to the wonderful members for a great forum. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

USA1 wrote:Congratulations and thank you Mr.Cotton, the moderators, and all of my fellow members
for making this forum the premier CHL site in the great state of Texas.
Happy Birthday TexasCHLforum
:iagree:

Well said!

I can only add my +1 and my thanks!

Flint.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

Thank you Mr. Cotton, this is a great forum where all can learn every day. :tiphat:
TSRA Life Memeber

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I sure am glad Charles did not limit it to the 200 he thought were going to register.
I'm #220.
Well, got here fast as I could. PDO went South so I went lookin.
Glad I found it too.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

WildBill wrote:And I forgot to bake a cake. :oops:
I don't bake, but I did remember to buy cookies for everybody.

I'm just having the darndest time getting them to go in that little tray-thingy that slides out of the PC. There are bits of cookies and crumbs all over the place...

:mrgreen:

Happy Birthday, TexasCHLForum!
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”