Access trouble?

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Access trouble?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Is anyone having trouble accessing TexasCHLforum.com? For several hours I've been having trouble reaching the site. I either get a generic error message saying the web site cannot be reached, or I would occasionally get a bogus AT&T message. (I don't use AT&T.) This happened from both home and office.

TexasCHLforum.com is actually on a re-director to http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_Forum. The site has always been available directly through the texasshooting.com address.

A few minutes ago, the re-director started working again. Has anyone else had trouble?

Chas.

partyguy816
Posts in topic: 1

Post by partyguy816 »

No sir. I've been on and off a couple of times in the last 3 hours or so.

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

No trouble here in The Big Easy. Just finished a fine cajun dinner at the Loews New Orleans. :D

Suckhow

Post by Suckhow »

No probs at all.. is it a domain resolution problem?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Suckhow wrote:No probs at all.. is it a domain resolution problem?
I'm stumped. The occasional AT&T error message is really strange. It's working now and I haven't heard from anyone else who has had trouble. Oh well, unless my ISP or Network Solutions can tell me something, I'll remained stumped.

Chas.

anygunanywhere

I did earloier

Post by anygunanywhere »

I did earlier. I am in California, so I am probably being routed a whole lot different than most. I received the standard error message when a web page can not be accessed. Everything is gravy now, dude. :wink:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Blazen

Post by Blazen »

I was getting the AT&T message yesterday evening or I could not access the site. But if I want to texasshooting.com all worked ok. I can get right into site now.

Funny thing is that I got the AT&T message via Firefox, but got the page could not be found in IE.

It appears to be corrected now.

Scott Murray

Post by Scott Murray »

Yes, I had trouble all day yesterday. Most of the time I couldn't get anything. I got the AT&T message once.

Scott

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

I was getting a connection refused message, but I was getting it for ALL sites.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

I finally got a quasi-response to my support email to Network Solutions. Apparently, the problem was on their end and they got it corrected yesterday evening.

The main page on TexasShooting.com doesn't really have much on it. I think I'll add a link to the forum, in case this happens again. For those using the URL TexasCHLForum.com, it should work fine, but on the off chance there is a problem, trying getting in through TexasShooting.com.

Sorry for the trouble guys.

Chas.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”