The tone of this board

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The tone of this board

Post by seamusTX »

Rebel wrote:... moderated so heavily that anything other than rainbows and unicorns praises leads to banning.
Amen to that.

I am going to say one other thing, and say it carefully after much consideration:

A person who wants to carry a loaded weapon in public, two seconds away from pulling the trigger, needs a thick skin.

You are going to go through life getting dirty looks, one-digit salutes, "Who you lookin' at?" types of comments, pushiness, and other forms of aggression and rudeness.

There is no room in this scenario for hurt feelings.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

seamusTX wrote:
Rebel wrote:... moderated so heavily that anything other than rainbows and unicorns praises leads to banning.
Amen to that.

I am going to say one other thing, and say it carefully after much consideration:

A person who wants to carry a loaded weapon in public, two seconds away from pulling the trigger, needs a thick skin.

You are going to go through life getting dirty looks, one-digit salutes, "Who you lookin' at?" types of comments, pushiness, and other forms of aggression and rudeness.

- Jim
:clapping: Well said! :cheers2:

LikesShinyThings

Post by LikesShinyThings »

Oldgringo wrote:
seamusTX wrote:
Amen to that.

- Jim
:clapping: Well said! :cheers2:
:iagree: It is important to learn to not take things personally, considering the responsibility we carry with us whenever we're armed.

I read the discussion that initiated this post. My take on it: there were some misinterpretations, some erroneous negative assumptions, and some hurt feelings (as well as some honest decent attempts to answer the question). Some of that would have been helped by having a thick skin/not taking things personally; others not so much. I'll stop now before I suffer too much from side-track-itis and run-on-at-the-keyboard syndrome, which would correspondingly detract too much from my initial agreement.
TSRA Life Member, NRA Benefactor Member, TX CHL

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Most of the forums I peruse here are pretty cordial between posters with a few odd exceptions. Most of the rants and rails are against politicians, PI lawyers, et. alia.

:coolgleamA:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

gwtrikenut

Post by gwtrikenut »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:Most of the forums I peruse here are pretty cordial between posters with a few odd exceptions. Most of the rants and rails are against politicians, PI lawyers, et. alia.

:coolgleamA:
I agree, but once had someone here chastise me for suggesting a person only shoot one round at a time, to sight in a weapon. I did not say adjust the sights after every shot. Only to shoot one round at a time, and look at where each round hit. Let me explain. By doing so, one can reflect on why the round hit where it did. Each of us will know as soon as we jerk a shot, it is off. And by looking at each shot will know why it hit where it did. But because of this, I will not longer be willing to help with suggestions. Don't bite the hand that is trying to give you food. But that is ok. Go ahead and shoot five rounds, then try to figure out why that second shot hit where it did.

speedsix
Posts in topic: 3

Post by speedsix »

...some folks build you up...some tear you down...if you let them...when someone jumps up and criticizes like an ex-wife...there's a difference between that and a sincere argument or trying to help...even on a forum...it's kinda like the neighbor's chihuahua...yeah, you're gonna get barked at EVERY time you walk by...but so what...just don't respond to the snide remark if you don't want to and carry on ...we're gonna have that kind around all our lives...and some of us might have an ex-wife, too...
...take a deep breath and dive back in...the forum's made great by everyone who adds his something...don't keep yours back...you'll notice that those who chastise often don't add much...just sit and snipe...their loss...

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”