Sticky suggestion

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Sticky suggestion

Post by RPB »

Kinda off-the wall suggestion, but it seems to come up at least once a year, or several times

Perhaps a thread/couple threads for less than lethal for various locations where one can't "carry" a firearm

Example; at school, my niece carries a mini-maglight and had Kubaton training

Reason I even mention this is yesterday I mentioned teaching my niece "short-chain fighting" (not regular "chain fighting")

Now at a Courthouse/Secure area of an airport, you won't be slipping a knife, kubaton, Taser, Pepper spray in but

At COURTHOUSE with METAL DETECTOR; they let me carry my weapon, they hand it back to me on the other side of the metal detector

Self defense keychain

Videos of similar
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by RPB on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

speedsix
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sticky suggestion

Post by speedsix »

...good ideas...used to make a game with the boys of showing them how ordinary objects could be used for defense...I think it'd be an interesting/helpful thing to do...

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Was going to buy niece (and myself) some legal to carry knives for times when she isn't at school, and was going to get her pepper spray (she has wild critters near their house) but Knife/gun store was closed, but just got back from taking niece shopping.

For school she got a
120 yard Mini-maglight (Kubaton)$21.88 (not the 70 yard one)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mini-MagLite- ... y/14321406" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I showed her a little bit on how to use it, before her dad picked her up.
She'll attach a keyring setup in the future maybe.
I have a 30 year old mini-mag in my car ... hers is a lot better ... I shouldda given her my old one :lol:

Metallic Tip rat-tailed Combs 2 for $1.93
(I may need to get myself a couple of these next trip to WalMart, I don't often "recommend" things, but these aren't a bad thing to have handy... I might get her mom some, my sister some etc etc etc)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rat-Tail-435- ... t/14654183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Quality.
Metallic Tips Control Frizz.
These are a bit stiffer than the cheapie flex rat tail combs, but not brittle breaking plastic like the other cheapie ones.
(Ideally, I'd like to find metal/aluminum ones, but these had metallic tips, so she's pleased for right now.
I wanted to check it out ...
When we got home, I punched a major hole in a Tylenol bottle with the comb... she was impressed (I was too), she was going to throw away the knife she had, but I told her to keep it as a collectable, so she put her pretty knife which is legal to own but illegal to carry away in a drawer.

Now I won't worry that she'll sneak a knife to school ...
Last edited by RPB on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

speedsix wrote:...good ideas...used to make a game with the boys of showing them how ordinary objects could be used for defense...I think it'd be an interesting/helpful thing to do...
Yeah, I showed her how a magic marker is a kubaton if she's at school without a flashlight ;-)

We'll see if they allow scissors at school, but with twin metal tipped rat tailed combs ,,, she is pretty well equipped (those are some serious combs) and won't need scissors as a weapon.. I just need to train her a bit more... Sort of a "college prep course"v during these last 2 years of high school.

Later, I'll show her how to use my cane ;-)
The youngster just figured out today, that I have not been 'completely unarmed' since I was about 8 years old, no matter where I was.

Anyway, I was just brainstorming, maybe 1 thread on "What do you carry when you can't carry" sorta like the "show your EDC and Show your black guns" threads, but sticky-ized because ladies might like to know of that particular comb, and what you may be able to carry at college but can't in high school and can't in Court but can in a Post Office... ... etc.

Maybe not a sticky ... I dunno
I'm no lawyer

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”