New CHL

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ANG201
Posts in topic: 1

New CHL

Post by ANG201 »

I'm not sure I'm in the right spot to ask this question. In my CHL class, my instructor said you can't carry concealed in an Arkansas church (border city here) but you can in Texas churches. I looked up the laws for Texas and it appears he was wrong. Am I correct?
GEORGE WASHINGTON-"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains EVIL interference."

Pawpaw

Re: New CHL

Post by Pawpaw »

I don't know about Arkansas, but you can carry in a church in Texas.

You stopped reading too soon... scroll on down to subsection (i).
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

C-dub

Re: New CHL

Post by C-dub »

Your instructor was correct as long as the church does not post a valid 30.06 sign and is not located in a school.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”