Quotes

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ANG201
Posts in topic: 2

Quotes

Post by ANG201 »

How do you use the quote button when replying to someone's post?
GEORGE WASHINGTON-"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains EVIL interference."

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Quotes

Post by C-dub »

ANG201 wrote:How do you use the quote button when replying to someone's post?
Click on the quote button and it puts the entire post in quotes. If you only want part of their post, just delete the part you don't want after clicking on the quote button. Just be careful deleting anything from a quoted section when there is multiple posts within something you're quoting. Deleting part of one of these can get a little tricky and can end up looking like someone said something that they didn't.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Zylo_X
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Zylo_X »

C-dub wrote:
ANG201 wrote:How do you use the quote button when replying to someone's post?
Click on the quote button ... If you only want part of their post, just delete the part you don't want ... Just be careful deleting anything from a quoted section ... Deleting part of one of these can get a little tricky ...
I've illustrated C-dub's point about deleting parts of a quote, and shown the proper format ie ... . When highlighting a specific portion of a comment it is proper to indicate that something came before or after the quoted portion with the 3 dots ... . It can be tricky and put things out of context, or it can get you to the same point more quickly. You can compare C-dub's entire post above, and the abbreviated quote here.
a.k.a: 2LOGICL - While I do not enjoy the misery of others, I do find comfort in it.

Topic author
ANG201
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ANG201 »

Thank you!
GEORGE WASHINGTON-"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains EVIL interference."

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”