Certified Mail or First Class Postage?

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
birdog
Posts in topic: 4

Certified Mail or First Class Postage?

Post by birdog »

I hope I haven't screwed up but I sent my packet in back on January 27, 2012 using First Class postage instead of Certified mail. I checked the DPS website and it states they are still waiting to receive required documents. Should I be concerned that it got lost or thrown out. Or should I just relax and wait? :yawn

Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Certified Mail or First Class Postage?

Post by Teamless »

relax and wait
normally, it takes about 2 weeks to show up online.
While you are waiting, read, ask lots of questions, and when your license comes in, you will be more prepared
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Teamless wrote:relax and wait
While you are waiting, read, ask lots of questions, and when your license comes in, you will be more prepared
:iagree: Not much else you can do at this point. As Teamless said, read, ask and learn. Also, this is a good time to decide on your carry choices, if you haven't already done so.

I just took my renewal class last weekend and the instructor suggested certified mail. Not because things get lost, but they may process that pile first. There is no evidence to show this is true, but I am going to send my papers by certified mail. :lol:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
birdog

Post by birdog »

Thanks for the reply. I'll take your advice. :waiting:

Topic author
birdog

Post by birdog »

WildBill wrote:
:iagree: Not much else you can do at this point. As Teamless said, read, ask and learn. Also, this is a good time to decide on your carry choices, if you haven't already done so.I just took my renewal class last weekend and the instructor suggested certified mail. Not because things get lost, but they may process that pile first. There is no evidence to show this is true, but I am going to send my papers by certified mail. :lol:
I have been tossing back and forth between my Glock 23 .40 s&w and the Ruger LCP .380. Or maybe both. Any suggestions?

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

Give it 4-5 weeks before you worry about no updates.

:cheers2:

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

birdog wrote: I have been tossing back and forth between my Glock 23 .40 s&w and the Ruger LCP .380. Or maybe both. Any suggestions?
I have the Glock 23 .40 in a Crossbreed Supertuck as my EDC. I carried a S&W .380 Bodyguard as a back up, but have since then switched back to a Taurus 85 .38.

My advice, buy the larger caliber first.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

r_gray

Post by r_gray »

birdog wrote:I hope I haven't screwed up but I sent my packet in back on January 27, 2012 using First Class postage instead of Certified mail. I checked the DPS website and it states they are still waiting to receive required documents. Should I be concerned that it got lost or thrown out. Or should I just relax and wait? :yawn
How 'bout now Birddog!

I sent mine in around the same time as you...got my certified mail receipt saying Austin received it on Jan 30. The DPS website displays my stuff as being received...still waiting on the background check. I'd say your stuff should be in "received" status by now.

Topic author
birdog

Post by birdog »

r_gray wrote:
birdog wrote:I hope I haven't screwed up but I sent my packet in back on January 27, 2012 using First Class postage instead of Certified mail. I checked the DPS website and it states they are still waiting to receive required documents. Should I be concerned that it got lost or thrown out. Or should I just relax and wait? :yawn
How 'bout now Birddog!

I sent mine in around the same time as you...got my certified mail receipt saying Austin received it on Jan 30. The DPS website displays my stuff as being received...still waiting on the background check. I'd say your stuff should be in "received" status by now.
website updated we're good to go. :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

firediver

Post by firediver »

I mailed all my forms on Jan.31 and had the fingerprints done the same day, sent it normal mail; DPS site updated on Feb.17 about the same time frame it took for birddog. DPS said their initial processing time was 3-4 weeks on Feb.15 when I contacted them.
M&P 357sig
Glock 32 357sig

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”