Eligibility Question

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SkinnyECV711
Posts in topic: 2

Eligibility Question

Post by SkinnyECV711 »

Gonna keep this short and sweet....last sept I received a disorderly conduct charge on federal land(lake amistad, shot a wild dog in self defense)....however, it seems to come up as nothing more than a citation. No one seems to know for sure, and if I'm still eligable, I want to start my paperwork and get set up with my class. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sorry for any grammar errors as I'm on my iPhone.

Thanks,
Skinny

speedsix

Re: Eligibility Question

Post by speedsix »

...I'd google up the federal charge they cited you with...use the ticket # to research what the final disposition was...if it's charged to you in the records, see what class offense it falls under and translate that to Tx misdemeanor equivalent...go from there....if you weren't arrested, and it truly was just a citation where you paid a fine, maybe it won't enter into the mix at all...

Topic author
SkinnyECV711

Post by SkinnyECV711 »

speedsix wrote:...I'd google up the federal charge they cited you with...use the ticket # to research what the final disposition was...if it's charged to you in the records, see what class offense it falls under and translate that to Tx misdemeanor equivalent...go from there....if you weren't arrested, and it truly was just a citation where you paid a fine, maybe it won't enter into the mix at all...
Will have to do more research on that front. All that was needed was for me to appear in front of a magistrate and pay a fine. When I spoke to the central violations bureau(that's who the ticket was from) they told me that it wasn't even reported....but the answer didn't sound to assuring haha.

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KC5AV »

The disorderly conduct part of it is what would concern me. That's the only Class C misdemeanor that can prevent you from getting a CHL.
NRA lifetime member

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...the magistrate where you paid the fine would have the exact charge and disposition...I'd start there...

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”