Any trouble posting?

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Any trouble posting?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I just got a PM from a member that is getting the following error message when he tries to post: "Invalid session, please try again." Has anyone else had this problem?

Chas.

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

No problems here. I have had that problem in the past though on other sites. The cure for me was to clear the internet cache and reboot my machine.

Gary
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Liberty

Re: Any trouble posting?

Post by Liberty »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I just got a PM from a member that is getting the following error message when he tries to post: "Invalid session, please try again." Has anyone else had this problem?

Chas.
The only time I ever saw that is when I get interupted while typing. Resubmiting works just fine after that.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

None here.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

TX Rancher

Post by TX Rancher »

Only when I took to long editing my comments. Seems if I keep the window open too long something times out. All I have to do is resubmit and it works fine.

I figure it's my problem, not the sites.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I've done some research on the phpbb forum and learned the primary cause of this particular error message is the way AOL handles IP addresses. This problem first appeared with the release of the latest revision (2.0.22) and it will likely be addressed with the release of 2.0.23. It’s far beyond my computer knowledge, but it has something to do with a change made for security reasons that conflicts with AOL.

One of the suggestions I saw was for AOL users to use a browser like Firefox or IE, rather than the standard AOL. I didn’t realize AOL had their own browser.

So, if any of you AOL folks are having trouble, I’m sorry for the inconvenience and hopefully it will be fixed with the next release.

Chas.

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

I get that alot but if I keep resubmiting it will take.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”