Hello all & Eligibility Help

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jwtexas
Posts in topic: 2

Hello all & Eligibility Help

Post by jwtexas »

First, hello to every one it's great to be here. I have just joined. Have been studying the forum for months now. A great resource indeed! I have a few questions i was hoping you guys might answer for me.

I have just returned from the clerks office getting my certified copies of dispositions. I had forgotten and have an old charge from 1978 that was a conviction due to me waiving counsel and entering a plea of guilty to Class A misdemeanor for Theft of property. I paid a $200.00 fine and served 6 months probation. I have accompanying document that states, defendant discharged from probation finding of guilty set aside and complaint and-or information dismissed.

Does this disqualify me?

Also have dispositions of 2 Class A UCW's one conviction, $200 fine and one dismissal from 1992. (I believe I am good to go on these but not sure of the above).

Thank you guys in advance for any information and help.

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hello all & Eligibility Help

Post by Crossfire »

Not disqualifying.

Good that you were proactive and got all your paperwork, though. This will help the process.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Crossfire wrote:Not disqualifying.

Good that you were proactive and got all your paperwork, though. This will help the process.
:iagree: Many new applicants don't. Welcome to the forum jwtexas!
NRA Endowment Member

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

Misdemeanor offences in the previous century generally won't disqualify you unless it's domestic violence or something else that disqualifies you Federally.

Topic author
jwtexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jwtexas »

WooHoo! Thanks for the info fella's. I was hoping I'd be good to go. I just bought an M&P Pro .40 two weeks back(loving it btw) so I knew I was good with the BG check as well. Once again thanks for all of your quick responses. It is much appreciated. Now on to the online app and to schedule my class!

Have a great day folks and thanks again.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”