L-1 Fingerprints - Question

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
discoqueen
Posts in topic: 3

L-1 Fingerprints - Question

Post by discoqueen »

After filling out my CHL application online, I went directly to L-1 to set up my appointment for prints. What I didn't realize, is that when it ported over First/Last/Middle Name, they were in the wrong fields! I had a chance to fix them, but I didn't catch it til I was printing out my Fast Pass and my registration receipt. Is there any way to fix it online? Do I need to call them? Is this going to be a problem when I arrive to do my prints?

Hello Monday. :banghead:
How many tools are in your toolbox?
www.DefensiveMindset.com

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: L-1 Fingerprints - Question

Post by Keith B »

discoqueen wrote:After filling out my CHL application online, I went directly to L-1 to set up my appointment for prints. What I didn't realize, is that when it ported over First/Last/Middle Name, they were in the wrong fields! I had a chance to fix them, but I didn't catch it til I was printing out my Fast Pass and my registration receipt. Is there any way to fix it online? Do I need to call them? Is this going to be a problem when I arrive to do my prints?

They should be able to correct your name at the L-1 location when you arrive. It is a very common mistake.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
discoqueen

Post by discoqueen »

Keith B wrote:
discoqueen wrote:After filling out my CHL application online, I went directly to L-1 to set up my appointment for prints. What I didn't realize, is that when it ported over First/Last/Middle Name, they were in the wrong fields! I had a chance to fix them, but I didn't catch it til I was printing out my Fast Pass and my registration receipt. Is there any way to fix it online? Do I need to call them? Is this going to be a problem when I arrive to do my prints?

They should be able to correct your name at the L-1 location when you arrive. It is a very common mistake.
Thanks, Keith. I can see how it would be a common occurrence. I think if I'd actually had to type that info in the fields it would have been fine, but because it auto-filled I guess I just assumed (uh oh) that it was right.
Now.....the whole truth. MY form is fine. It was my husband's form that did that. LOL
www.DefensiveMindset.com

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tomtexan »

Same thing happened to me. They correct it in the computer when you do the prints. The lady at the office that I went to said it happens all the time.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Topic author
discoqueen

Post by discoqueen »

tomtexan wrote:Same thing happened to me. They correct it in the computer when you do the prints. The lady at the office that I went to said it happens all the time.
Glad to know it's not just me, I guess! :)
www.DefensiveMindset.com

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

It DOES happen all the time. Probably more often than it works correctly.

We just routinely fix it in the system when you come in to be printed.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

JoeMal

Post by JoeMal »

The same thing happened to me when I went to complete the paperwork...thankfully I noticed it and changed it on my own. Sounds pretty common...you think they'd get that fixed! :smash:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it illegal for sober people to own cars.

teri

Post by teri »

Argh! :banghead: I just noticed mine is the same way...but I've already done the fingerprinting. She didn't say anything about fixing the name. I hope it all comes out okay. Do I send this form in with all the other paperwork or is it for me to keep?
6/2/12 - CHL Class
7/20/12 - Plastic in hand!

~Do it today! It might be illegal tomorrow. - author unknown~

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

teri wrote:Argh! :banghead: I just noticed mine is the same way...but I've already done the fingerprinting. She didn't say anything about fixing the name. I hope it all comes out okay. Do I send this form in with all the other paperwork or is it for me to keep?
I made a copy of mine and sent the original. Can't hurt anything. That way they can match it up with what is in the computer.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

teri

Post by teri »

Thanks for the reply, I'll do just that!
6/2/12 - CHL Class
7/20/12 - Plastic in hand!

~Do it today! It might be illegal tomorrow. - author unknown~

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”