This is not OCT, OCTC, CATI or OpenCarry.org!

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

This is not OCT, OCTC, CATI or OpenCarry.org!

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The Dan Patrick statement about a lack of support for open-carry has prompted some of our more ardent open-carry supporters to start making post like one would see on the Facebook pages for OCT or OCTC. This will not be tolerated, not for one second. The credibility of the Forum will not be destroyed by people making unfounded, absurd allegations against elected officials. The Forum is read by DPS, elected officials and their staff and I want them to see rational discussions.

Offending posts will be summarily deleted. Too many people are working hard to make this a successful session to allow a few people to make the job harder. To those who feel open-carry is the one and only issue this session, you won't like it here.

Chas.

joe817

Re: This is not OCT, OCTC, CATI or OpenCarry.org!

Post by joe817 »

Thank you! I'm pleased to take note that you are taking that position! :iagree:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

rtschl
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rtschl »

Thank you Charles!
Ron
NRA Member

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Thank you, Charles. I earned my high school diploma in 1970. I've participated in visiting legislators and the governor with the homeschool community. I'm still learning the details of the inner workings of our state government. One constant is that civil discussion works best.
Last edited by oljames3 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

LeakyWaders

Post by LeakyWaders »

I agree and you have my support.
Pants Up.......Don't Loot

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

As usual Chas, I find once again that I agree with you.Thank you for all that you do!
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Wait, what about my 1st Amendment Right to free speech?

:biggrinjester: :evil2:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

mojo84 wrote:Wait, what about my 1st Amendment Right to free speech? :biggrinjester: :evil2:
Wait! Wut? Oh. D.A. :mrgreen: :cheers2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

If Dan Patrick betrays Texas gun owners, then I will be among the first to call him out and work for his defeat when he runs for reelection in four years. Until then, rank speculation and false allegations have no place on the Forum.

Chas.

Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

Very well said!!! I agree wholeheartedly!!!

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:If Dan Patrick betrays Texas gun owners, then I will be among the first to call him out and work for his defeat when he runs for reelection in four years. Until then, rank speculation and false allegations have no place on the Forum.

Chas.
I'm sure you will, Mr. Cotton. The session is barely started and I'd like to see how things end up playing out before I get too fired up, one way or another.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Is there no way to draft an online letter that could be signed by responsible gun owners stating we don't condone the actions of these groups. Maybe denounce their tactics in regards to unlicensed open carry then get it delivered to the Senators and members of the House? I am not a writer or I would try to craft something. I wouldn't mind being part of a rally in Austin to show support and how responsible gun owners act but i don't know how you would keep the groups who cause trouble from showing up and making us all look bad.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

Right2Carry wrote:Is there no way to draft an online letter that could be signed by responsible gun owners stating we don't condone the actions of these groups. Maybe denounce their tactics in regards to unlicensed open carry then get it delivered to the Senators and members of the House? I am not a writer or I would try to craft something. I wouldn't mind being part of a rally in Austin to show support and how responsible gun owners act but i don't know how you would keep the groups who cause trouble from showing up and making us all look bad.

IMHO that gives them to much attention. I think just not tolerating their behavior is the best response. When they trumpet something online I respond with my opinion and make it clear that their beliefs are not mine or mainstream. Personally they are such a fringe group that ahe idea we need to distinguish between us should be treated as absurd. If that impression gets across then there will be no need to distinguish between us and the OC nutters will be marginalized as people realize how small and disconnected they are from responsible gun owners. I firmly believe the majority of the people involved don't get how divisive and damaging their activities are because they have been fed bad info and are in an echo chamber with the OC crowd,

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Thank you Charles for once again being the voice of reason. Regardless of what some of the more ardent supporters of OC believe, we all must work together to portray a responsible, mature side of firearm ownership and use. :tiphat:
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”