Who pays for texaschlforum.com?

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
AlaskanInTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Who pays for texaschlforum.com?

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

I've wondered how this forum is financed. Is it all Mr. Cotton? Is there any method for forum members to contribute to covering the costs?

Beiruty

Re: Who pays for texaschlforum.com?

Post by Beiruty »

1) Yes. courtesy of Mr. Cotton.
2) Contact Mr. Cotton.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Jumping Frog

Re: Who pays for texaschlforum.com?

Post by Jumping Frog »

Mr. Cotton has always been committed to providing this discussion forum for Texas CHL and firearms topics as a free resource to the public, and he has also previously stated his commitment keeping these forums advertising-free.

I've previously written Mr. Cotton to suggest that other forums like Cast Boolits will hold an annual fundraiser where contributions get various "supporter" logos that display near the username/avatar. Something like:

The above are sold for $10, $20, and $40 per year, respectively.

Now that he has retired, he has provided a page over on TexasFirearmsCoalition.com for people to provide various support/donor levels. That is found here: https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... upport-tfc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am currently donating $50 per month, as indicated in my signature line. I'd encourage anyone else to contribute as well.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”