Mouse-over Pop-up Summary

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mcscanner
Posts in topic: 2

Mouse-over Pop-up Summary

Post by mcscanner »

While 'things' are changing I would like to suggest implementation of my subject line. While sometime the subject line is all the temptation/bait needed to get my attention, other times the first 2 or 3 lines from the beginning of the post seals the deal. It was missing before and I don't know why. Other forums I frequent have that feature of showing a brief pop-up of the contents of a post without opening the post as you hover over the subject line.

Mike
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Mouse-over Pop-up Summary

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I've added this feature, but anyone can disable it if they wish. I think the default setting is enabled, but I'm not sure. (It was on mine.)

To turn off the preview, go to your User Control Panel (under your name at the top right of the screen), then select Board Preferences. Then click Edit Display Options, then set "Display topic previews" to "no."

Chas.

Topic author
mcscanner
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mcscanner »

Charles,
Very cool addition. Best I have seen compared to other Forums.

Upgrades can be so risky. The amateur radio forum I frequent a couple of weeks back attempted to upgrade. The upgrade failed and support was less than stellar. They ended up dumping what they were using and changed to something very different.

Pleased to see it worked out well for you and all the members. Different look and feel... Just have to get use to the changes. I (we) can get set in our ways and get a little grumpy. :cryin

Thank you for the all the work you and admin/mods do for us. :thumbs2:

Mike
Last edited by mcscanner on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

I really like this new feature too. Kudos! Showing the first and last post is great. Haven't seen that on any other forums I frequent.

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

I really like the new forum look and features. Kudos for great work done by everyone involved. Thanks.
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”