Private Messages?

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Dan20703
Posts in topic: 4

Private Messages?

Post by Dan20703 »

Anyone else have trouble with the PM function. I tried to send a couple but they just sit in the outbox. Never show up in the sent folder. I ended up just deleting them. Someone tried sending one to me and I never got it. Result of the new site software?
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Private Messages?

Post by C-dub »

I haven't had any issues.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I believe they stay in the Outbox until read, and then they are in the Sent folder.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

They remain in the outbox until read by the recipient.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

If it's in the outbox it hasn't been sent yet. The intended receiver can't read it.

PBR

Post by PBR »

Dan20703 wrote:If it's in the outbox it hasn't been sent yet. The intended receiver can't read it.
thats what one would think but its like they mention it stays in the outbox until they log on and read it -- its sort of weird but thats the way it works
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It's not like email. You aren't actually sending them something. It makes it available for the recipient to read. Once read it's considered sent.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

PBR wrote:
Dan20703 wrote:If it's in the outbox it hasn't been sent yet. The intended receiver can't read it.
thats what one would think but its like they mention it stays in the outbox until they log on and read it -- its sort of weird but thats the way it works
I will run a test PM to see if this is true.

Topic author
Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

A new twist. I erased everything in my outbox this morning and those messages did not show up in my sent box.

Checked my PM account just now and all PMs that I deleted are now in the in-box.

Doesn't matter now. I got his cell phone and texted him.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

They didn't show up because you erased them before they were read.

For future reference. I just sent you a PM. It is now still sitting in my outbox. If you will go read it, it will be moved to sent. You can then send one back to me and see that once I read it, it will be moved to sent. This really is how it works.

Your buddy you sent the PM to must not have seen the notification he had a message and didn't read it.

Wes
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Wes »

They are correct, outbox is unread, sent is read. 100% sure.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Dan20703 wrote:A new twist. I erased everything in my outbox this morning and those messages did not show up in my sent box.

Checked my PM account just now and all PMs that I deleted are now in the in-box.

Doesn't matter now. I got his cell phone and texted him.
As they have said, unlike emails, PM's sit in the outbox until the recipient reads it, then it moves to your sent folder.

Keith B
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Ah, that explains some of the weirdness.

Has anybody else pressed submit and have it go to the preview mode instead? Requiring you to hit submit a second time?

I run a forum myself, on a different package, and this managed to confuse me. Glad I found this thread at least.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

I'm a morning person so I prefer AM to PM.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Scott B. wrote:Ah, that explains some of the weirdness.

Has anybody else pressed submit and have it go to the preview mode instead? Requiring you to hit submit a second time?

I run a forum myself, on a different package, and this managed to confuse me. Glad I found this thread at least.
I've never had that happen when sending a PM, but it has happened many times while posting to a thread.

It's always been because one or more people submitted a post while I was typing.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”