Banned

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Goldspurs
Posts in topic: 4

Banned

Post by Goldspurs »

Hello all. Got a question. Unfortunately I had to break one of the websites rules to ask this. This is my first post and I have been lurking in the forums for about a month. Today when I logged on I had a message saying my IP address was banned and to contact site administrator for more info, which I did.

I am an active duty service member from Rusk, Tx. I have been reading the forums here to get up to speed on Texas gun laws, as I will finally be stationed in my home state, at Fort Hood, after 15 years of being stationed in other locations. I am currently deployed and think I was banned because of the region my IP address was displaying. Is this true? Like I previously said, I had to break a rule by using a VPN just to post this message. I apologize but I can't imagine why else I was banned.
"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into
prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying
to lift himself up by the handle." -Sir Winston Churchill

Topic author
Goldspurs

Re: Banned

Post by Goldspurs »

Anyone?

PBR
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PBR »

Mr. Cotton http://texaschlforum.com/memberlist.php ... rofile&u=3 would probably be the one you have to get with or find out from
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

psijac

Post by psijac »

The admins anticipated you breaking the rules and using a vpn to break the rules. So they premtively banned you.
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

I am a moderator and will send you a Private Message
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Op....

Thanks for your service. !

Welcome home (soon)!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
Goldspurs

Post by Goldspurs »

Thanks for the help. I'm currently a permit holder in Tennessee and Virginia. Stationed out of Fort Campbell, which straddles KY and TN. Look forward to calling Texas home again and getting my HL there. Started carrying when I was stationed in VA with a Taurus PT140 but now use a G27. I spent 6 years stationed in upstate NY and I hope to never have to experience that again.

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

Goldspurs wrote:Thanks for the help. I'm currently a permit holder in Tennessee and Virginia. Stationed out of Fort Campbell, which straddles KY and TN. Look forward to calling Texas home again and getting my HL there. Started carrying when I was stationed in VA with a Taurus PT140 but now use a G27. I spent 6 years stationed in upstate NY and I hope to never have to experience that again.
6 years at Drum? That's...unfortunate. Life's much better down here!

Topic author
Goldspurs

Post by Goldspurs »

Taypo wrote:
Goldspurs wrote:Thanks for the help. I'm currently a permit holder in Tennessee and Virginia. Stationed out of Fort Campbell, which straddles KY and TN. Look forward to calling Texas home again and getting my HL there. Started carrying when I was stationed in VA with a Taurus PT140 but now use a G27. I spent 6 years stationed in upstate NY and I hope to never have to experience that again.
6 years at Drum? That's...unfortunate. Life's much better down here!

Loved the hunting up there but I knew I was far removed from home when I wasn't even allowed to hold a pistol in a gun store without state papers.

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

I grew up not far from there while it was still Camp Drum. The hunting is good and I miss some of the food from Upstate NY. The weather and the laws chased me out a long time ago and it just keeps getting worse up in that state.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I live in Rusk. Give me a holler next time you're home.

ITMT, thank you for your service. :patriot:

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Back on topic...

Yes, IP spoofing devices or services such as a personal VPN is something that the moderators here frown upon.

No, I'm not a moderator, but I have experience with this discussion. I use personal VPN extensively, due to my international travel to such bastions of freedom such as the People's Republic of China, Nigeria, Russia, Venezuela, etc.

Back in '12, Charles opened a message on this subject. I responded to him explaining my situation and my need to use such services, and he has accepted it. I've continued to use these serverices over the years (and will continue to do so), and I've not yet been banned.

As the owner of this forum, Charles should be expected to keep a sharp eye on folks who do this - me included. But he's definitely proven that he'll work with someone to make sure their unique situation is addressed. The fact that you're serving our country (THANK YOU) is a sure way to soften his heart to your needs.

I suggest you open up a direct dialogue with Charles (as PBR mentioned earlier in the thread), and you'll probably be pleased with the outcome.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

This issue should be resolved and a solution found for the OP.

Keith B
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

bortaz

Post by bortaz »

I surely miss Rusk. Born there, but lived most of my life in Jacksonville. Worked at the state prison in Rusk for many years. Was just there for a visit/funeral last week.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”