Senior Members

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Senior Members

Post by Taypo »

Lots of folks catching up on work from the long weekend, I imagine. Bet it picks up later.

I'm good with being called a Fat Old Bearded guy, by the way. My wife seems to enjoy calling me that, might as well use it here too :)

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charlies.Contingency wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
WildBill wrote:
baldeagle wrote:I noticed that people get the Senior Member title with relatively few posts. Maybe we need some additional titles. Like for TAM - Super-Sniper, for guys with over 5000 posts - Super-Marksman, over 1000 - Marksman, over 500 - Steady-Shooter, etc., etc. :biggrinjester:
I don't think TAM meant it as a personal attack, but once he called me a "piker". :mrgreen:
Wrong. I called you a mere piker. "rlol"

I think that people with high counts should be called something like "Old Fat Guy", or "Beard of Knowledge"..... :smilelol5:
I would title you and the other long timers our "village elders." I think it suits well. The village elders are the oldest and wisest of us all. :cheers2:

At what point do people get promoted to "senior member?" I would think that it would be at the choice of a moderator or administrator, being that some people just post a lot of, "yep" and "I agree" comments. I figured it would be more reserved for the serious seasoned members whom offer knowledge and engage in debates, etc.
"Village Idiot" is probably more like it in my case. As far as post quantity relative to rank, that is a value that can be set in the administrative backend of the software. It would take a PHP hack to set a rank determined by both post count AND post size.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill
Posts in topic: 5

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote: "Village Idiot" is probably more like it in my case. As far as post quantity relative to rank, that is a value that can be set in the administrative backend of the software. It would take a PHP hack to set a rank determined by both post count AND post size.
Is that where the saying comes from "It Takes a Village"?
NRA Endowment Member

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
WildBill wrote:
baldeagle wrote:I noticed that people get the Senior Member title with relatively few posts. Maybe we need some additional titles. Like for TAM - Super-Sniper, for guys with over 5000 posts - Super-Marksman, over 1000 - Marksman, over 500 - Steady-Shooter, etc., etc. :biggrinjester:
I don't think TAM meant it as a personal attack, but once he called me a "piker". :mrgreen:
Wrong. I called you a mere piker. "rlol"

I think that people with high counts should be called something like "Old Fat Guy", or "Beard of Knowledge"..... :smilelol5:
I would title you and the other long timers our "village elders." I think it suits well. The village elders are the oldest and wisest of us all. :cheers2:

At what point do people get promoted to "senior member?" I would think that it would be at the choice of a moderator or administrator, being that some people just post a lot of, "yep" and "I agree" comments. I figured it would be more reserved for the serious seasoned members whom offer knowledge and engage in debates, etc.
"Village Idiot" is probably more like it in my case. As far as post quantity relative to rank, that is a value that can be set in the administrative backend of the software. It would take a PHP hack to set a rank determined by both post count AND post size.
That's why I figure it should be at the discretion of the mods, just my opinion. And don't discredit yourself too much TAM!
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

o b juan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by o b juan »

Could we have one called "Village Idiots"
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Didn't the Village Idiots sing Macho, Macho Man?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote:Didn't the Village Idiots sing Macho, Macho Man?
Yes..... while wearing a feather boa and dancing the Macarena...... but that was some other Village Idiot, not me...... :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”