Rule 4 Reminder

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Rule 4 Reminder

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Some Members have posted that they ignore 30.06 signs that are compliant with TPC §30.06. This violates Rule 4 and the posts will be deleted. Do it twice and the Member will be deleted. The Forum is read by anti-gunners and we're not about to let a Member's posts be used against all law-abiding and honorable gun owners by implying that such an irresponsible attitude is representative of Texas gun owners.

Chas.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Rule 4 Reminder

Post by nightmare69 »

Any LTC holder that intentionally walks past a valid 30.06 deserves to go to jail and have their license revoked. It's doesn't matter if it's only a class C, LTC holders have a great reputation of obeying the law. Those that don't, we have a place for you at the county B&B.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

stealthfightrf17

Post by stealthfightrf17 »

While I agree that we should hold to the letter of the law on our side. Some battles are not worth us fighting to make a statement. Their intent is clear, even if it is not posted right we need to respect that. Take the battle up in a respectful manner that does not have you break what you know is their intent.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

nightmare69 wrote:Any LTC holder that intentionally walks past a valid 30.06 deserves to go to jail and have their license revoked. It's doesn't matter if it's only a class C, LTC holders have a great reputation of obeying the law. Those that don't, we have a place for you at the county B&B.
First I will agree with Charles that we should all follow rule 4...because it is rarely acceptable to advocate breaking the law, and particularly not on this (his) forum.

Second I will state for the record that I never have and never will advocate walking past a compliant 30.06.

HOWEVER, the legislature has made Trespass with a Concealed Weapon a class C, presumably for the same reason that they made speeding 1 mile over limit a class C. In my opinion speeding 1mi over does not warrant loss of DL and stay in the County B&B. Neither does carrying past a compliant 30.06, though I do not advocate it. :rules:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

ScottDLS wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:Any LTC holder that intentionally walks past a valid 30.06 deserves to go to jail and have their license revoked. It's doesn't matter if it's only a class C, LTC holders have a great reputation of obeying the law. Those that don't, we have a place for you at the county B&B.
First I will agree with Charles that we should all follow rule 4...because it is rarely acceptable to advocate breaking the law, and particularly not on this (his) forum.

Second I will state for the record that I never have and never will advocate walking past a compliant 30.06.

HOWEVER, the legislature has made Trespass with a Concealed Weapon a class C, presumably for the same reason that they made speeding 1 mile over limit a class C. In my opinion speeding 1mi over does not warrant loss of DL and stay in the County B&B. Neither does carrying past a compliant 30.06, though I do not advocate it. :rules:
Agree with ScottDLS. Rules are rules, and both sides have to play by them. We won't knowingly violate 30.06 by intentionally ignoring a sign, but if someone does, the law says what the punishment is. Jailing someone for a minor offense is over the top.

Back on topic...thanks for the reminder Charles! None of us on here should condone breaking the law. Doing so on a public forum paints us all in a bad light.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

A good resolution for the New Year - strive to do no evil and do not answer muddled thinking with muddled thinking.

Besides, the root cause of our grief with property posted off limits isn't the font or the wording of the sign, it's the attitude that banning only those few really nice citizens who have licenses actually does any good.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Vol Texan wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:

Agree with ScottDLS. Rules are rules, and both sides have to play by them. We won't knowingly violate 30.06 by intentionally ignoring a sign, but if someone does, the law says what the punishment is. Jailing someone for a minor offense is over the top.

Back on topic...thanks for the reminder Charles! None of us on here should condone breaking the law. Doing so on a public forum paints us all in a bad light.
Reason for my response is I've been hearing that since it's only a class C, some plan on carrying everywhere posted or not. LTC holders like that deserve to loose their permit and if the situation calls for it, a night in jail. Just my opinion.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

What about the cops that openly say they are not going to follow the law or constitution?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

hounddog

Post by hounddog »

When we were kids, how many times did we hear, "if everyone else jumps off the roof, are you going to?" There comes a time when we need to use the brain that God gave us and try to make wise decisions. I'll be the first to admit that I fall real short in this area. We've got to keep our wits about this whole situation, because it's fixing to get real serious.
Larry D. Price

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

I guess it's a sign of the times that in a thread where Charles reminds forum members of Rule 4, some pay lip service to it while pointing out that, after all, it's only a class C midemeanor, hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

Respect seems to be in very short supply these days. I guess I should be thankful that I'm old enough I may die before it gets so bad that I have to completely withdraw from society to keep from imploding with anger.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

As I said in another thread:
Obey signs when you see them -- its their right as a property owner to post them. We're not a bunch of people that disregard the law. Please do not make the impression that we are.
Thanks Charles. :tiphat:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I think anyone that intentionally disobeys or promotes disobeying a law shows a deficiency in character whether they wear a badge or not and whether it's in this forum or others.

I'm not directing this post at anyone in particular. Just making a general statement about what I believe.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Man, I see some folks parsing what Charles posted.

30.06 means 30.06, - not yeah, but...

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”