Calling all trolls

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Calling all trolls

Post by Oldgringo »

Pawpaw wrote:During this whole month, I've been seeing the entire tone of this board changing and not in a good way. I was getting very tired of the little snide comments that didn't quite break the letter of the rules but surely thumbed their nose at the spirit.

Thank you Charles.
:iagree: The antagonistic and belligerent tone of some of these latter day gunslingers is at least one reason that there are 30.06 and 30.07 signs. No one; including me, wants some smart alec, half baked, know-it-all strutting around with a gun in their store or in their house....or anywhere for that matter. Some of these posts this past month make me question the eligibility requirements for a CHL....assuming that those posters are licensed?

zatoman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by zatoman »

IsraelisJewish wrote: I was accused of being a "troll" on this website. I wasn't, and I was reading and posting and having a great time learning
My first post on this forum was attacked as trolling. That was definitely not my intent.

We are not professional writers and sometimes things don't come out as they were intended. I see no need to become too sensitive of peoples opinions.

True, and repeat, trolls are easy to spot and should be banned. Everyone should be given at least a second chance. Forums are one of the few places that people can express their opinions and not face societal condemnation.

In the day, we told jokes at work all of the time. No one ever tells jokes anymore where I work, it's too dangerous. Could get fired.

Forum moderators should not become too PC.

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sugar land dave »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I don't care if you are an anti-gun troll, an OCT troll, or some other form of troll, you will no longer be tolerated on the Forum.

Chas.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

IsraelisJewish

Post by IsraelisJewish »

Thanks Zatoman. Yeah, I got over it real quick. I must admit though I am more careful in my wording when I post now. So maybe it was a good thing.
David (IsraelisJewish)
SunnyWalker.net

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I don't care if you are an anti-gun troll, an OCT troll, or some other form of troll, you will no longer be tolerated on the Forum. For a few weeks now, I've tried to let some Members stay in the hopes their lies and false allegations would stop and they would become productive members. I made a mistake that will not be repeated.

Opinions are just that, opinions. False statements of fact are not opinions they are lies and will not be tolerated. Nor will lies disguised as an opinion. False attacks on Forum Members, the Forum in general, the NRA or TSRA will earn a quick ban. I'm sick of this garbage.

Chas.
Amen!
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

zatoman wrote:
IsraelisJewish wrote: I was accused of being a "troll" on this website. I wasn't, and I was reading and posting and having a great time learning
My first post on this forum was attacked as trolling. That was definitely not my intent.

We are not professional writers and sometimes things don't come out as they were intended. I see no need to become too sensitive of peoples opinions.

True, and repeat, trolls are easy to spot and should be banned. Everyone should be given at least a second chance. Forums are one of the few places that people can express their opinions and not face societal condemnation.

In the day, we told jokes at work all of the time. No one ever tells jokes anymore where I work, it's too dangerous. Could get fired.

Due to my own forum naïveté I had to be corrected few times by the mods, rightfully so.
This isn't my house, and I'm not paying the bills.
Our opponents are watching.
So, yes. Moderators do have to be more "PC" if you'd like to see us gain additional legislative ground.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

zatoman wrote:

Sometimes folks type something with a particular tone in their mind when typing it and don't think of it being perceived in a different way. That's fine because we all do that one time or another and usually realize the possibility quickly and straighten out the misperception and adjust accordingly. However, some do not change their behavior and often double down. Others are more obvious in their claims of what they will or won't do or tolerate and are often over the top. Take the gentleman that told about an experience in a Luby's shortly after OC became effective.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Gixxer2k4

Post by Gixxer2k4 »

Every forum I have been on you have trolls. Why people want to be jerks is beyond me.

o b juan

Post by o b juan »

I read a lot of posts and really haven't noticed trolling.

read a little more
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Gixxer2k4 wrote:Every forum I have been on you have trolls. Why people want to be a holes is beyond me.
It's because these failures can post cowardly, anonymous bovine feces that pleases themselves. It may be kinda' like other forms of self gratification when no one is looking.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

We realize that sometimes posts are taken differently than the poster intended. No one will be banned because of such situations, at least not the first time it happens. That's not what I typed -- read my post again. I'm talking about outright liars and they are quite easy to spot. They make false statements of fact, jump to defend the indefensible, often with yet another lie. They will no be tolerated any longer.

Chas.

Steve

Post by Steve »

Sad we had some bad apples. Glad you showed 'em the door.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Thank you Charles. :thumbs2:
Ron
NRA Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

The 3 letter destructive organization - Whose letters will not be posted by me, keep sending their representatives here to foment trouble, squawk, and bluster.

Please show them the door.

Thanks!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

The thread that was deleted, has returned.

We are under attack by the 3 letter scourge!

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”