Posts in the 2015 Texas Legislative Session section

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Posts in the 2015 Texas Legislative Session section

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'm doing some research for an upcoming Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast and I noticed that people are starting new threads in the 2015 Texas Legislative Session forum. That's a big mistake folks, because that section will soon be transferred to the Prior Sessions forum and it will be locked.

I don't have time to move them, so please don't ask. Please take a little more time in deciding in what forum a thread should be posted.

Chas.

joe817
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Posts in the 2015 Texas Legislative Session section

Post by joe817 »

Is it to early to start a 2017 Texas Legislative Session forum? Since we've already started talking about it, it seems logical.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

joe817 wrote:Is it to early to start a 2017 Texas Legislative Session forum? Since we've already started talking about it, it seems logical.
I've made some changes in response to your request.
  • 1. The 2015 Texas Legislative Session forum had been moved to the "Prior Sessions" forum and it is locked.
    2. A forum for the 2017 Texas Legislative Session has been created, but it will be locked until 9/1/16.
    3. A new forum "2017 Texas Legislative Wish List" has been created and it is open. It will be moved and locked at the end of the 2017 legislative session.
    3. A new "General Legislative Discussions" forum has been set up in the Legislative Section. This new forum will not be locked and will always be available.
The session-specific legislative session forums are intended for threads directly related to bills in that session. Members have been starting threads that are far broader in scope and that's a mistake because they may be relevant beyond a given legislative session. I moved some threads to the new "General Legislative Discussions" forum, but I don't have time to scour it for other threads that would be appropriate for moving.

Again, Members need to try a little harder to start new threads in the appropriate forum. It's not a major issue, but some Members don't read everything so they may miss your topic if it's posted in the wrong forum. If it's incorrectly posted in a legislative session forum, then it will be moved and locked at the end of that session.

Chas.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Great ideas Charles! Thanks! :tiphat:
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Papa_Tiger »

I have been actively following the legislative threads that have been posted recently and have found myself blocked from the new "General Legislative Discussions" forum.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Papa_Tiger wrote:I have been actively following the legislative threads that have been posted recently and have found myself blocked from the new "General Legislative Discussions" forum.
Me too. Both of the new one's Charles just created.

"You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."

:???:

Maybe the mods are still working on it.
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

joe817 wrote:
Papa_Tiger wrote:I have been actively following the legislative threads that have been posted recently and have found myself blocked from the new "General Legislative Discussions" forum.
Me too. Both of the new one's Charles just created.

"You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."

:???:

Maybe the mods are still working on it.
It was my fault. I forgot to set the permissions, but it's fixed. It's so seldom that new forums are created, I forgot the entire process. Please try again and let me know if you still have trouble.

Sorry folks,
Chas.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

No apologies are needed. New forums are so seldom created, that no one could ever create it out of thin air. Which is what you did. Thank you for your dedication to this forum. :tiphat:

Now if I could only something to say

:lol:
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Thank you Charles! I now have access to the board.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”