Question or Suggestion??

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RiverKing
Posts in topic: 1

Question or Suggestion??

Post by RiverKing »

I'll put this as a question but mean it as a suggestion if your answer is negative: Does Texas3006.com notify businesses when their posting of a 30.06 or 30.07 sign is published?

It seems to me that it would be most ethical to do so. It might also avoid the problems an inaccurate report would pose. IMO, a polite notice that their business is about to receive or has received some unfavorable publicity would make it harder for a business to object or accuse you of slander, etc.

I would accompany such notice with real-world statistics like the number of gun-related incidents of any kind that have been prevented by a 30.06 or a 30.07 sign (zero!) and the number of licensed gun carriers who will avoid their establishment (you would have the numbers on this). Doing so might not convince the business owner to reverse course on posting these signs but you never know.

Finally, you should also offer to publish any future notices of the removal of the 30.06 or 30.07 sign (if they eventually see the light :hurry: )

WildBill

Re: Question or Suggestion??

Post by WildBill »

RiverKing wrote:I'll put this as a question but mean it as a suggestion if your answer is negative: Does Texas3006.com notify businesses when their posting of a 30.06 or 30.07 sign is published?

It seems to me that it would be most ethical to do so. It might also avoid the problems an inaccurate report would pose. IMO, a polite notice that their business is about to receive or has received some unfavorable publicity would make it harder for a business to object or accuse you of slander, etc.

I would accompany such notice with real-world statistics like the number of gun-related incidents of any kind that have been prevented by a 30.06 or a 30.07 sign (zero!) and the number of licensed gun carriers who will avoid their establishment (you would have the numbers on this). Doing so might not convince the business owner to reverse course on posting these signs but you never know.

Finally, you should also offer to publish any future notices of the removal of the 30.06 or 30.07 sign (if they eventually see the light :hurry: )
Interesting question or suggestion.

Even if they had the desire or resources, IMO Texas3006.com does not have any moral or legal duty to notify a business.
All they do is provide a place for people to upload their observations.
Businesses that post 30.06 signs have no right to object to anything posted about this status.
The same information about the business can be seen by walking past their building.
If it really mattered to them they wouldn't have posted the sign in the first place.

I don't think the comment about slander has any merit at all. :tiphat:
Last edited by WildBill on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Daddio-on-patio
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

The folks at 3006 do a great job with the resources available to them. I commend their dedication. It would be cool if there was a section to recognize establishments that removed their signage. No explanation of why they did so. Something to the order of XYZ Company removed their 30.07 sign.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Russell wrote:We do not have any tools in place to notify a business that they have been posted on the site, nor do I think I would want to put any in place. Could be seen as harassment, especially if they are anti-gun and put the sign(s) up "knowingly".

We have received help desk tickets in the past from businesses requesting us to remove entries due to receiving negative phone calls / emails from folks immediately after being added to the site. We have always quickly removed their entries after they removed the signs.

Good idea about having some sort of a running informational page about businesses that have removed their signage. This would require me to separate businesses that removed their signs vs no longer exist. I'll keep this feature in mind, but it'll be on the back burner for now. v2.0 of our mobile apps is utilizing all of our development cycles right now!
I was not aware of this. That's GREAT news!!! I guess the negative publicity your site got a while back paid off a bit. :thumbs2:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

You folks do a great job. I very much enjoy the Android mobile app. Thank y'all for the work you do to keep us informed.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

a.nonimous

Post by a.nonimous »

Hello, :tiphat: I am new and absolutely paranoid about accidentally violating a 30.000 or other 'forbidden' area- does anyone know if there is an app or place to alert me if I am going into a 'forbidden' area? sometimes those signs are a little easier to miss than they should be but I dont want to be the 'test' case. :confused5 :confused5 :confused5

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

a.nonimous wrote:Hello, :tiphat: I am new and absolutely paranoid about accidentally violating a 30.000 or other 'forbidden' area- does anyone know if there is an app or place to alert me if I am going into a 'forbidden' area? sometimes those signs are a little easier to miss than they should be but I dont want to be the 'test' case. :confused5 :confused5 :confused5
There is an app for Texas3006.com that will alert you when you are near a location that is posted. https://www.texas3006.com/mobileapps.php
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

a.nonimous wrote:I am hoping this is the correct place to ask / suggest as I am new..... I had a heck of a time registering because I could not figure out the answer to the "I am not a spambot" question: "where was the decisive battle for Texas independence fought"? I tried about anything I could find until I stumbled on it ---- (it was a capitalization thing) -my personal ignorance of history almost kept me from joining what looks to be a very informative forum --- is there any way to post the 'secret answer to the secret question' so people with my level of ignorance can find it easily (and spambots can't)? --- Thank google for getting me in! :-)

looking forward to educating myself and hopefully some good informative discussions.........
No. The question is there to make it tough for spammers and others that bulk register to post spam from getting in. It's tough on purpose, but if you work at it a little, then you can get it, just as you did. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Keith B wrote:
a.nonimous wrote:Hello, :tiphat: I am new and absolutely paranoid about accidentally violating a 30.000 or other 'forbidden' area- does anyone know if there is an app or place to alert me if I am going into a 'forbidden' area? sometimes those signs are a little easier to miss than they should be but I dont want to be the 'test' case. :confused5 :confused5 :confused5
There is an app for Texas3006.com that will alert you when you are near a location that is posted. https://www.texas3006.com/mobileapps.php
...and they have been uploaded to Texas3006.com.

Texas3006.com is user-generated site so until a user uploads the offending business it may not be on the site.

The app makes it easy. Thanks Russell. :tiphat:

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TexasTornado »

Downloaded the android app (sure beats popping open the browser every time I go out) but I do have one question.... why is the proximity alert in meters? Who uses meters? :headscratch
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

TexasTornado wrote:Downloaded the android app (sure beats popping open the browser every time I go out) but I do have one question.... why is the proximity alert in meters? Who uses meters? :headscratch
US field artillery, for one. :patriot:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

oljames3 wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:Downloaded the android app (sure beats popping open the browser every time I go out) but I do have one question.... why is the proximity alert in meters? Who uses meters? :headscratch
US field artillery, for one. :patriot:
That's one...but we can probably blame the UN for that one :mrgreen:
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Actually, just the entire world uses meters and 24 hour time, except the US.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

oohrah wrote:Actually, just the entire world uses meters and 24 hour time, except the US.
Yes, but the app is for Texas not the rest of the world. Also 12 hour time was the standard in the 6 countries I've visited.

NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”