Today's Posts link

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mikepatrick
Posts in topic: 2

Today's Posts link

Post by mikepatrick »

Great job setting this up Charles! Is it possible to place a button/link on the main page that says 'todays posts' or 'latest threads'? Several of the other forums I visit do this and if you visit each of them every day it makes it quick and easy to scan over what's new without having to open each section.

Thanks,
Mike

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Some features that are in one board may not be available in another due to software limitations. I don't know if the bbs software that this board is using has that feature or not. I do know that a couple of boars that I visit use this same software and I have been told by site admins that it doesn't offer a printable page feature.

That said, the feature being requested is a very useful one. Especially as posting traffic increases.

Edited to add: The SKS boards http://www.sksboards.com/forum/, which use the same bbs software, has a link in the top right corner that says "view unanswered posts".

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MoJo »

There is a "view posts since last visit" link on the homepage. Top Right.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

well twist my buttons. It help to look around. Thanks for helping my look foolish. :lol: :lol:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

dws1117 wrote:well twist my buttons. It help to look around. Thanks for helping my look foolish. :lol: :lol:
Glad I'm not the only one to have "Sometimers Moments." :P

Topic author
mikepatrick

Post by mikepatrick »

Didn't see that the first time. Looks like you have thought of everything, Charles.

Thanks,
Mike

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

mikepatrick wrote:Didn't see that the first time. Looks like you have thought of everything, Charles.
Mike:

I can't take the credit for any of the features, it's all in the software. I'm too new at this forum stuff to try to modify it. I am trying to come up with a logo and then figure out how to replace the phpbb logo at the top left of the page.

Chas.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”