New Forum Features

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Forum Features

Post by C-dub »

Don’t look at how long I’ve been here or my post count, but what are breadcrumbs?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

rotor

Post by rotor »

The flyover when mouse is over title and first post last post pops up doesn't seem to work well. Seems like it shows ...... a lot. No big deal, just reporting ? bugs.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:58 am I just added an optional style some folks may like. I'm not going to change the default from prosilver permanently, but I have set it to the new style for two or three days so everyone will see it. Each Member can select the style they prefer, but only after I reset the default style. For now, the new style overrides individual member settings.

To change the style:
1. Click the down arrow next to your name.
2. Select User Control Panel.
3 From the tabs across the top, select Board Preferences;
4. From the My board style, select SE Gamer: Light.

Chas.
Using iOS on an iPad Pro, not seeing a “My Board Style” option in the board preferences panel. Also, I’m not seeing a “full width” button anywhere on the page.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 6

Post by warnmar10 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 3:17 pm
Charles L. Cotton wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:58 am I just added an optional style some folks may like. I'm not going to change the default from prosilver permanently, but I have set it to the new style for two or three days so everyone will see it. Each Member can select the style they prefer, but only after I reset the default style. For now, the new style overrides individual member settings.

To change the style:
1. Click the down arrow next to your name.
2. Select User Control Panel.
3 From the tabs across the top, select Board Preferences;
4. From the My board style, select SE Gamer: Light.

Chas.
Using iOS on an iPad Pro, not seeing a “My Board Style” option in the board preferences panel. Also, I’m not seeing a “full width” button anywhere on the page.
I don't have it in a browser either.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

oooo, I haven't been near my computer all day and I get on here and it's all pretty and stuff. Like she's trying on her party dress.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Another thing..... the text for the user profile link is invisible against that background (see attachment).
EB907003-63AE-4488-A2AA-20A64B8B7C7D.jpeg
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Breadcrumbs are disabled in SE Gamer template. Not sure if the developer did that on purpose or not but edit template: SE_Gamer/template/overall_header.html
On line 106 delete <!--
On lne 110 delete -->
Breadcrumbs will appear and show the way home.
Never mind all that. I installed a fresh/clean copy of 3.2 and clean copy of SE Gamer and breadcrumbs are as they should be even with those lines commended out.
Last edited by warnmar10 on Sat May 26, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:06 pm Another thing..... the text for the user profile link is invisible against that background (see attachment).EB907003-63AE-4488-A2AA-20A64B8B7C7D.jpeg
That's because the style is using the user name colors from the board. So Administrators will see their names in dark red, moderators will see theirs in blue or green. Everyone else is black unless you hover over the name then it turns orange.

skeathley

Post by skeathley »

Mark Forums as Read doesn't stick. Every time I come back, all the titles are glaring red, and I have to reset them.
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

skeathley wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 5:58 pm Mark Forums as Read doesn't stick. Every time I come back, all the titles are glaring red, and I have to reset them.
This has been an issue for me for quite a while. I have to click that link, wait for the pop-up to close, click it again, & wait for that pup-up to clear. Only then will all the threads show clear.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

skeathley wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 5:58 pm Mark Forums as Read doesn't stick. Every time I come back, all the titles are glaring red, and I have to reset them.
It seemed to be working for me, so I tested it by marking all forums read, logging out, then logging back in. All thread titles were black.

Chas.

4copas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 4copas »

When logging in on IPad I get website not secure. Is this something to be concerned with?

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. John Wayne
NRA Life Member :patriot: :txflag:

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

4copas wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 pm When logging in on IPad I get website not secure. Is this something to be concerned with?

I don't know why you are getting that warning. The new SSL has been in place for several days.

Chas.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Just a note:
I only use this forum on iPhone. When i used to turn my phone sideways, the words would be bigger and easier to read. This is not the case now, the letters are the same size.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

4copas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 4copas »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:35 am
4copas wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 pm When logging in on IPad I get website not secure. Is this something to be concerned with?

I don't know why you are getting that warning. The new SSL has been in place for several days.

Chas.
Thanks Charles, I’m not tech savvy so maybe something on my end. I’m not sure what to do to fix it.
I’ll report back if it stops.
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. John Wayne
NRA Life Member :patriot: :txflag:

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”