Unique custom bolt gun for sale - .264 Winchester Magnum

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Unique custom bolt gun for sale - .264 Winchester Magnum

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Please, serious offers only. Prefer FTF, prefer DFW, although I am willing to meet somewhere further away for the right buyer. This is a unique opportunity to buy a special rifle, for someone that loves this kind of thing.

This is what is for sale:

This is a completely custom built rifle. Nothing was spared by the builder at the time to build this thing. It is a little bit dated, but it has bagged an impressive list of everything from white tails to mulies to elk to antelope to bear with this thing.......not to mention the odd coyote or bobcat.

I want to sell the scope and the rifle separately, or as a package, but either way, the prices are firm. I know what this rifle is worth. Firm price of $1,000 by for the rifle by itself, and firm on the scope and rings by themselves at $500. I will do a package deal with rifle and scope together for $1,400 firm.

The Rifle:
  • Caliber: .264 Winchester Magnum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.264_Winchester_Magnum). Will push a 140 grain bullet to 3,200 fps and 3,183 ft-lbs.
  • Action: Sako, with large “tactical” bolt knob
  • Barrel: 26” Krieger stainless heavy profile match grade barrel with a 1:8 twist, threaded, with attached muzzle break. Barrel has been hand-painted in “camo” colors to match the stock. The barrel is free-floated in the stock (see pictures).
  • Trigger: unknown (to me). . .but assume Sako, average of 4 pulls yields 2 lb 3.5 oz on Lyman digital trigger scale. (see attached picture)
  • Stock: McMillan Fiberglass, hand-painted in “camo” colors. Stock paint shows wear in spots.
  • .264 Winchester Magnum RCB reloading dies, fired and unfired brass (there is some available), assorted stuff like remaining primers if there any, or left over bullets if there are any, and the reloading data accumulated for this rifle will be included.
The Scope/Rings:
  • Carl Zeiss Conquest, 6.5-20x50mm MC, standard milling reticle, 1” tube, target turrets with 1/4 MOA adjustment knobs, and a side focus knob opposite the windage knob. The glass is VERY clear. There is no reticle illumination.
  • The rings are an unknown (to me) brand of “tactical” style rings, directly mounted to the front and rear receiver bridges. (See pictures for detail)
Rifle Pictures:

Scope Pictures:

In the near future, I will be posting an ad for some other guns, but this one deserved it's own page.
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jb2012
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Unique custom bolt gun for sale - .264 Winchester Magnum

Post by jb2012 »

Good grief TAM always has something good in the classifieds when I don't need to be spending money. :lol::

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

jb2012 wrote:Good grief TAM always has something good in the classifieds when I don't need to be spending money. :lol::
Maybe this video will help. :mrgreen:

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Very nice build at a fair price, I'd say. Nice glass on it, too. The .264 Win Mag is a great cartridge. I remember when it was very new in the early 60's and was always getting written up by the shooting writers (except for .270 rifle man Jack O'Connor LOL).
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Wow, talk about energy - this is from the cited article. I've never heard about the cartridge but I'm a relative newcomer to firearms. :tiphat:

Ballistic performance

Bullet mass/type Velocity Energy

100 gr (6 g) Nosler Ballistic Tip----3,510 ft/s (1,070 m/s)--------2,735 ft·lbf (3,708 J)
125 gr (8 g) Nosler Partition--------3,180 ft/s (970 m/s)-----------2,806 ft·lbf (3,804 J)
140 gr (9 g) BTSP---------------------3,200 ft/s (980 m/s)----------3,183 ft·lbf (4,316 J)
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Bump.

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

BTT

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Closed Items”