Smith & Wesson 686 4 inch

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

lws380
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Smith & Wesson 686 4 inch

Post by lws380 »

I would suggest FFL to FFL for a transfer, if you are mailing a gun. You can sell to anyone, but you are supposed to not sell to anyone not able to buy a gun. A FFL can do the proper transfer forms and make sure the receipiant is legal. You are required to declare guns in all shipments. A non FFL is not going to get a gun shipped through the USPS if they declare they are shipping a gun. You can not declare it, but that is against the law, and why take the chance? Shipping a gun to someone to save a few bucks is not worth someone losing their conceal carry over. I'm a FFL and would never send a gun to a non FFL for a gun transfer. If you really want to know, call your district ATF office and ask. They will give you the correct way to do it. I have found the ATF to be very helpful, if I have questions regarding shipping. You better add insurance no matter what method you use. Ever see those stories with a UPS truck on fire on the side of the road?

A FFL can use any type of carrier including USPS. They also can use cheaper ground options for Fed EX and UPS, that a non FFL can't use. Non FFL's are required to use overnight delivery and that stuff is very expensive.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Smith & Wesson 686 4 inch

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I was doing a bit of research on this topic, and came across Shipmygun.com, which is a service owned by Bud's Gun Shop. Reviews seem to be good, and the cost is definitely reasonable. $39 + optional insurance at 1% of insured value. For some reason, when I do a mock shipment, the cost is less, though. Right around $20.

https://www.shipmygun.com/go/index.php

Return to “Closed Items”