US Govt will sell 8,000 used 1911's during fiscal 2018.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

US Govt will sell 8,000 used 1911's during fiscal 2018.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

https://www.military.com/kitup/2017/11/ ... stols.html

The firearms sold by the designated entity will include 1903 Springfields, M1 carbines, M1 Garands,
as well as the 1911's.

IMHO, if they end up selling these 1911's for 95% of the cost of new ones in the civilian market,
it would seem to be a better option to just buy a new 1911 in the civilian market.

As stated some of the guns are "well worn" while others are like new. Whose to say which one
you will get if you buy used?

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Bushwhacker

Re: US Govt will sell 8,000 used 1911's during fiscal 2018.

Post by Bushwhacker »

Buy commercial if you want a shooter. Buy from the CMP if you want a piece of history.
I prefer peace, but if trouble must come, let it be in my time that my children may know peace.

https://i.imgur.com/BcHTIe2.jpg

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

My M-14 in Army basic training had seen many a round through it.

Frankly, I wouldn't have paid more that $50.00 for it, after it had been repaired...

Yeah, it failed me.

A brand spanking new one, whoo boy, I'd pay big bucks for, but my old one, nah, I might put it one the wall as a decoration...

flechero

Post by flechero »

Bushwhacker wrote:Buy commercial if you want a shooter. Buy from the CMP if you want a piece of history.
QFT. After researching it a bit, you can't even pay more for a good one... you get the next one in line regardless of whether it's a worn out or LNIB example.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

flechero wrote:
Bushwhacker wrote:Buy commercial if you want a shooter. Buy from the CMP if you want a piece of history.
QFT. After researching it a bit, you can't even pay more for a good one... you get the next one in line regardless of whether it's a worn out or LNIB example.
I believe the process will be the same as for rifles. There are different grades and you will purchase the grade you want. When your number comes up you will get the next one in line in that grade. With the rifles you could go to one of the two stores and pick out one but that won't be available for the 1911s. Paperwork will be just a tad more involved too.

Also, they haven't had any 03s, 17s, or carbines in stock for some time.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I'm quite pleased with the two Daisy 853 air rifles I've purchased through the Anniston CMP; however, "Just as they vary in age, they also vary in condition and amount of use. Some appear to be new or barely used, while others show plenty of battle scars and character (dings and dents).", sounds like a 'pig in a poke' to me.

Return to “Off-Topic”