FFL/Class III in Pflugerville (Round Rock/Austin area)

FFL's post your location, contact information and transfer fees

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
OldCannon
Posts in topic: 13

Re: FFL in Pflugerville (Round Rock/Austin area)

Post by OldCannon »

Reds45ACP wrote:
OldCannon wrote:I really appreciate the feedback and kudos. Sadly, with my inability to get pretty much anything from distributors, I'm going to have to raise my transfer fees slightly ($20 chl/vet/police/fire, $30 otherwise) starting in Feb. I hate doing that, but I'm pretty much backed into a "no revenue" corner otherwise. Most of my distributors and direct sellers have told me that rifles and rifle parts are looking at a 12-24 month lead time now :grumble
What about Glock parts? I was considering getting an extended slide release for the G30. I'm also pontificating on getting a G21 because I like the G30 so much. Have they become scarce?
Good question, I can look around. Doesn't sound like something hard to find. ARs and AKs though -- better be ready to pay FAR over "top dollar". I was talking my Wilson Combat sales rep yesterday, he said their rifle orders are backlogged AT LEAST 18 months. That's mind boggling.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

eureka40
Posts in topic: 8

Post by eureka40 »

This ain't helping either:

http://tickerforum.org/cgi-ticker/akcs-www?post=216516" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bud's gun shop: It's official....we received our letter from GE Capital today that our merchant agreement will be terminated effective 2/18/2013.

This is just nuts.
TSRA Life Memeber

atxtj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by atxtj »

Thanks for the smooth transaction today! Best FFL in town! :txflag:

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Post by A-R »

Reminds me, I forgot to add my kudos for Old Cannon ... great transaction earlier this week.

Topic author
OldCannon

Re: FFL/Class III in Pflugerville (Round Rock/Austin area)

Post by OldCannon »

FYI: I have updated my rates (bulk discounts now!), plus finally let people know I'm a "Class III" dealer (considering I've been one for almost two years, it's kind of long overdue :lol: )

Reds45ACP
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Reds45ACP »

I believe I am in need of your services again. :) I dropped you and email. :thumbs2:
Hello. My name is Red and I used to carry a .45. Now I carry a 9mm and it's getting easier to admit every day.

Topic author
OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

TRANSFER SERVICES ENDING IN JUNE!

I wanted to wait until after April 1st to announce this so that nobody thought it was an April Fool's joke :) I am about to embark on getting my graduate degree, and between that and my other full-time job, I will not be able to effectively handle taking in shipments and doing transfers for a period of time. Many of you are long-time customers, and (within reason) I am willing to support an occasional transfer or two, but it must be arranged in advance.
  • I am STILL available for SOT ("Class III") purchases and transfers.
  • I am STILL available for simple armoring work (sight installation, scope mounting, AR-15 custom builds, etc.)
  • I am STILL able to provide special-order firearms for sale through my business
  • I am STILL available if you have questions
  • I might be carrying basic AR-15 (and possibly AR-10) components (including inexpensive, but high-quality, lowers) for purchase. This depends on demand more than anything else. This is your opportunity to say something.
I know this is a HUGE inconvenience for many of you, and I sincerely apologize, but I must look to the needs of my own family first.

The good news is that I am lining up an FFL that is relatively nearby that will do transfers even LESS than I charge. How awesome is that? Stay tuned for more details on that!

Lastly, I want to give a HUGE "Thank you" to this TXCHL community. Y'all have been the most awesome customers EVER and I would not have succeeded (for small values of "success" :lol: ) without your support!

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

Thank you for all the great service over the last few years. Good luck with your new challange, I know you'll do well.
TSRA Life Memeber

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

Hey OC, any news on your suggested FFL yet? I need a transfer. I found one in the middle of Pflugerville, but wanted to wait to see what you say.
TSRA Life Memeber

chuck j
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chuck j »

Hope you do well !

Topic author
OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Thanks for y'alls patience! Jeffry Lane runs a low-key business called Hill Country Ammo

Hill Country Ammo
512.588.COLT
http://www.hcammo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's glad to do basic firearm transfers for you.

Don't forget I will still be doing "Class III" transfers and I'm available if you want to purchase any firearms/lowers/etc. I'm just not doing out-of-state transfers of "normal" handguns/shotguns/rifles.

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

Thanks for the info, I'm right down the street and didn't know he was there.
TSRA Life Memeber

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

Well, I just finished a transfer with Hill Country Ammo. It went very well. Jeffry is a good guy to do business with.
TSRA Life Memeber

Return to “FFL Holders”