Waiting for ATF interview

FFL's post your location, contact information and transfer fees

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
kimberkid
Posts in topic: 5

Waiting for ATF interview

Post by kimberkid »

Not sure if this is the right spot of this post, if not please move.

I sent my paper work in April 22, and it was received by ATF 4-26-13. Now I'm playing the waiting game. This is harder than waiting for my CHL. Hopefully everything goes smooth and I dont run into any delays I cant wait.

Sorry I was just excited and had to tell someone, I knew ya'll would understand :txflag:

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Waiting for ATF interview

Post by VMI77 »

Paper work for what?
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
kimberkid

Post by kimberkid »

sorry about that 01 ffl

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VMI77 »

kimberkid wrote:sorry about that 01 ffl
How long has an interview been part of the process? I don't remember my father being interviewed back when he got one.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
kimberkid

Post by kimberkid »

I think if your getting a C&R ffl you dont have an interview but for an 01 FFL they do an interview at the address listed on the app.

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OldCannon »

kimberkid wrote:I think if your getting a C&R ffl you dont have an interview but for an 01 FFL they do an interview at the address listed on the app.
LOL...it's gonna be more than an "interview"
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

VMI77 wrote:
kimberkid wrote:sorry about that 01 ffl
How long has an interview been part of the process? I don't remember my father being interviewed back when he got one.
01/02/07/08's get a pretty lengthy interview and facilities inspection. Then there's a review of documentation procedures, etc. My "interview" took about 5 hours. The first part, determining if I had all the right paperwork, etc. went smoothly because I made a single binder that had all the necessary documentation, and I made a dupe binder that was for the IOI. She loved that.

Topic author
kimberkid

Post by kimberkid »

I have made a binder also with copies of everything, I will be running my business out of a retail location. I have been spending all my time lately reading everything I can and trying to learn as mush as possible. This is not my first business, but it is one I have wanted to get into for awhile. I'm willing to hear any advice I can get, I'm well past the point in my life were I know it all.

RX8er
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RX8er »

We had our 01 just shy of 4 weeks ago and received our FFL in the mail yesterday. :thewave It did take all of about 50 days to get the interview.

Our interview was very painless and lasted about 2 hours as TBM spent a lot of time putting everything together and making sure that everything was ready. Our inspector was very impressed and she even said we made he job too easy and that all she had to do was write the report and submit to her supervisor for final. When we submitted our application, we also supplied all supporting documentation. We spent 90% of the time going over how to fill out the forms and different scenarios.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask or send me a PM.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

Taltyman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Taltyman »

My check for FFL 01 was cashed on April 29th and I had my interview May 22nd. Only lasted an hour and a half. They had my EIN number and my Texas resale cert numbers switched and the agent corrected that. She also had told me she needed a copy of my DBA when she called to schedule the appointment. So taking advice others have posted I put copies of my DBA, a letter from my county commissioner stating my place had no zoning issues (I'm outside city limits), my EIN and Texas resale certificate in a folder ahead of time for her. When she came she presented her IDs and asked for mine. I gave her my DL and CHL and she recorded both. She then went down a checklist and made sure I understood everything. Gave me hard copies of several manuals. I showed her I had most of them already downloaded and printed and that I had scanned and highlighted places. I tried to use the experience as a learning process for me. She was very polite, friendly and informative. She indicated that she would present her results to her supervisor and I should expect my license within a month unless something unforeseen shows up. Also she even showed my documentation that I am on the board of my local church. I wasn't expecting that.

Overall I thought it was a great learning experience.

Good luck with your application.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

For those of you that now have your 01/07/08, feel free to join fflonly.com. As RX8er will tell you though, it's a fun place with a FAR more lax set of rules, and it's a great place to get advice and support from other FFLs.

Topic author
kimberkid

Post by kimberkid »

Just had the interview yesterday. Everything went very smooth, I had extra copies ready and everything was in place. Agent was pleased with the amount of research I had done and the security I had on my store. Interview lasted about 1 hour and was painless. Agent says my FFL will be on the way soon, and gave me my short form number.

Return to “FFL Holders”