Old Cannon closing up at end of year

FFL's post your location, contact information and transfer fees

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
OldCannon
Posts in topic: 2

Old Cannon closing up at end of year

Post by OldCannon »

Well, the wife has found "The Perfect Home" and "The Perfect Lot" and we just applied ink to a contract to build a new home. Alas, the HOA restrictions will prevent me from operating an FFL business there. Now, I know some of you will cry "unfair" or "This is why HOAs suck!", but let me assure all of you, I researched these terms up-front and knew what was going to happen. In the end, this was a tradeoff between domestic felicity and operating a firearms business that was FAR more of a labor of love than a profitable business. Still, it's been a wonderful six or seven years, and I got to meet many of my fellow TexasCHLForum members in person.

I have some closeout inventory that I have marked down as low as I can without taking a loss, you can find that by visiting my Old Cannon website.

For those of you that have worked with me in the past, I will still work with you to do transfers if you want, since technically I won't be ceasing operations as a business until Dec 31st.

If you live in the North Austin/Pflugerville area, I encourage you to do transfers with Hill Country Ammo (http://www.hcammo.com/). For those of you that live in Round Rock/Georgetown areas, please consider using the services of my long-time business partner, Serenity Arms (http://www.serenityarms.com/), who also offers CHL training courses.

See you at the shooting range!

I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

eureka40
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Old Cannon closing up at end of year

Post by eureka40 »

See you around and thanks for all you've done.

:tiphat:
TSRA Life Memeber

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

So does this mean you now have to give your bound book to the ATF? They will now have a record of all your Form 4473's?
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

OldCannon,

I trust you'll continue here or at least I hope so...

Topic author
OldCannon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OldCannon »

Jumping Frog wrote:So does this mean you now have to give your bound book to the ATF? They will now have a record of all your Form 4473's?
That's the law, unfortunately.

Not that it matters, since they can go through my 4473s anytime they want.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Return to “FFL Holders”