Out of State Buyer for Private Sale (Rifle)

FFL's post your location, contact information and transfer fees

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
QB
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Out of State Buyer for Private Sale (Rifle)

Post by QB »

Gee with all of the different opinions, makes me wonder if I just shouldn't meet with the buyer and have him check out the rifle, pay and then have my FFL ship to the buyer's FFL in Florida. I'll talk to my FFL again, just to make sure he can do a NICs check and have the buyer fill out the 4473 and then give him the gun. I knew this was going to be a can of worms. Thanks for all of the information.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

QB wrote:Gee with all of the different opinions, makes me wonder if I just shouldn't meet with the buyer and have him check out the rifle, pay and then have my FFL ship to the buyer's FFL in Florida. I'll talk to my FFL again, just to make sure he can do a NICs check and have the buyer fill out the 4473 and then give him the gun. I knew this was going to be a can of worms. Thanks for all of the information.
It really isn't. I bought a shotgun last week from an FFL in Oklahoma. I did have to wait for the NIC check, but then I was on my way back to Texas.

Abrahan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Abrahan »

Don't ask. Don't tell. Just sell.

glazer1972
Posts in topic: 1

Post by glazer1972 »

Oops. Didn’t mean to necropost.

It has to go through an FFL. Being a long gun you can do that at an FFL here and he can drive back home with it.

Return to “FFL Holders”