Glock 43 - What's A Good Cost Range? $450-$475 or?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

Glock 43 - What's A Good Cost Range? $450-$475 or?

Post by Abraham »

Glock43 - I'm probably going to buy a new one, but I've no idea what one would be a reasonable cost for one.

I prefer to buy from a store like Cabelas or Academy or other LGS.

Anyone have an idea what a decent cost is going to run me roughly speaking?

I buy a fair amount of stuff on the internet, but for some reason I get the heeby-jeebies when it comes to buying a gun on the internet.

Thanks!

P.S. Is a Ghost connector a huge improvement over stock connector or ...?
Last edited by Abraham on Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Glock 43 - What's A Good Cost Range? $450-$475 or?

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

$450 is the going price right now online. Probably closer to $500 plus tax at a B&M location, so $525 out the door. You will pay more if you don't want to buy online unless you are willing to wait for a sale. That last sentence applies to everything, including guns.

Another way to look at it is that you can get a G43 with factory night sights online for the same price as a base G43 at a B&M store.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

Not sure where you are but in Irving, Roy's Gun and Pawn has new G43's starting at $449.00 Grab A Gun also has them for $449.00 and up.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Soccerdad1995,

Thank you for the help.

Night sights I won't need. This is going to be for inside the house/yard work, but it only now occurred to me that I read on one of the recent threads an Edge Ghost connector being a huge improvement over the stock one. Smoother, lighter, etc.

I then looked up a Utube how to video and I'd have to have someone do it for me as I've two left thumbs when comes ity-bity do-hicky stuff. Give me an axe, a sledge hammer, even a chain saw and I'm your guy. Replace a bity part on a pistol - fuhgedaboudit.

Anyway, these Ghost connectors would you know, are they worth it? (having someone else install of course)

Thanks!

RPBrown,

Thank you for your reply.

I live in the country between Houston and Galveston. Enough in the country I had to have a fence installed to keep the feral hogs from tearing up my yard. Though I did kill 2 of them from my back porch before tiring of their tearing up my yard like root ploughs. On another note, we have a pond just behind my back yard visited yesterday morning by a Bobcat. I happened to be looking out my window while slurping down my morning coffee and saw it stealthily heading to the water. Neat sight...

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Abraham,

You may wish to consider a similar trigger modification to this one if you have concerns: :biggrinjester:

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Abraham wrote:Soccerdad1995,

Thank you for the help.

Night sights I won't need. This is going to be for inside the house/yard work, but it only now occurred to me that I read on one of the recent threads an Edge Ghost connector being a huge improvement over the stock one. Smoother, lighter, etc.

I then looked up a Utube how to video and I'd have to have someone do it for me as I've two left thumbs when comes ity-bity do-hicky stuff. Give me an axe, a sledge hammer, even a chain saw and I'm your guy. Replace a bity part on a pistol - fuhgedaboudit.

Anyway, these Ghost connectors would you know, are they worth it? (having someone else install of course)

Thanks!

RPBrown,

Thank you for your reply.

I live in the country between Houston and Galveston. Enough in the country I had to have a fence installed to keep the feral hogs from tearing up my yard. Though I did kill 2 of them from my back porch before tiring of their tearing up my yard like root ploughs. On another note, we have a pond just behind my back yard visited yesterday morning by a Bobcat. I happened to be looking out my window while slurping down my morning coffee and saw it stealthily heading to the water. Neat sight...
The Ghost Edge connector is a huge improvement over the stock Glock trigger, IMHO. I have installed 4 or 5 of them on various Glocks that I have owned over the years. If you are not familiar with the Glock trigger, it has some take-up and then a bit of a "bump" right before it fires. Some people actually like this "bump", but for others it can lead to a slight flinch. I am in the second camp. The Ghost Edge connector eliminates this "bump" and smooths out the trigger pull to something more like a Kahr where it is a longish pull, but very smooth. Still doesn't rival something like a 1911, but a huge improvement, at least to me. As noted, some prefer the trigger feel as it comes from the factory, so definitely take it to the range a few times before deciding whether to mess with it.

As far as replacing it goes, once you field strip the gun, you need to pop one pin out, and then twist the piece slightly. I am not all that mechanically inclined and it took me less than 5 minutes total. That said, the armorer at any range may do this for free, especially if you buy the part (or the gun) from them.

I envy your location. I need to drive 2 1/2 hours to hunt hogs or anything else. And I pay $1,100 a year for that privilege.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Soccerdad1995,

You wouldn't envy my yard after a night the hogs had at it. You'd think either root plows or bombs hit it...

Yes, it a big yard, that has that "natural disaster" look once these monsters have had their way with it.

Now, the worst critters to damage my golf like yard are armadillos who leave divots all over. Sigh...

Armadillos, the Rodney Dangerfield of dumbo destructive critters...

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Abraham,

You may wish to consider a similar trigger modification to this one if you have concerns: :biggrinjester:
Oh no you din't. :cool:

BTW Abraham, GT Distributors has the plain Jane G43 at the same price RPBrown found, $449. So I guess that's a good starting point base price for comparison. The Law Enforcement / Military price is $358. Don't know what used ones might be going for.

Course if wild hogs are running around, you might prefer to carry a G40 on the property. That should do the trick if something large starts to get too close. ;-)
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

SpringerFan

Post by SpringerFan »

Excellent choice on the G43, you're going to love it. It has become my EDC. My trigger is really starting to smooth out at 500+ rounds, mine will stay stock. Paid $475 for the Talo edition at AGR Outdoors in Cypress.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I paid about $430 for my TALO edition G43, and about $420 for my wife’s standard G43. I bought the TALO through a home-based FFL in Grapevine, and the standard through a home-based FFL in Flowermound. We’ve had them for 2 or 3 years now, so I wouldn’t know if the street prices have gone up since then.

As far as the triggers go, I have found that the trigger on the G43 seems just a touch heavier than the stock trigger on a G19 or G26 - but not enough so as to affect my shooting one way or the other. No, my Glock triggers don’t come close to my 1911 triggers, but they are perfectly acceptable, and do not seem to affect my ability to shoot them reasonably well.

Rifles now......that’s another story. I have a LOT of money in aftermarket triggers for several of my rifles. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

TAM,

I did a quick bit of google-foo and while I found TALO, I didn't see an understandable explanation of what it is or does for the shooter.

So, if and when it's convenient, please elaborate regarding what TALO is all about.

Thanks!

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Can't remember exactly how much I paid for my 43 Talo Edition but it was more than $500 at the time from Grabagun in Coppell.

Regarding the night sights, at the very least I would consider upgrading to a fiber optic front sight to get a better sight picture. The Talo Edition's front sight is a very bright and visible orange which helps even during the day.

Can't remember the name of the guy who works on Glocks at all the gun shows but I took my 43 (and also a 19) to him to see about getting a Ghost Trigger after he added one to my 21. Made a big difference for me shooting the 21 and the 43 has a very sharp ledge feel to me when I shoot it. He didn't upgrade the trigger as he said it already has a 3.5# connector but did a nice polish job on it which made a world of difference for me. Might be something worth looking into.

If you are interested in his info, let me know and I'll look for it for you.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote:TAM,

I did a quick bit of google-foo and while I found TALO, I didn't see an understandable explanation of what it is or does for the shooter.

So, if and when it's convenient, please elaborate regarding what TALO is all about.

Thanks!
TALO is a group of distributors that commissions special releases of certain gun models from different manufacturers. These models are in some way upgraded from the base firearm: http://averagejoeshandgunreviews.blogsp ... hould.html. Upgrades can be just a small detail, or major details - depending on the offering.

In the case of the TALO G43, it’s a basic gun in every way except the sights. The front sight has been replaced with a Trijicon HD orange front sight. Here’s an old add for one: http://www.armslist.com/posts/4781987/c ... ht-version.

Here’s what the sights look like:
Front Sight
Front Sight
Rear Sight
Rear Sight
Here is mine:

Other than the sights, it’s an ordinary G43. The sights are much better than OEM, in my opinion.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Jose_in_Dallas and TAM,

Thank you both very much!

Jose, once I make a decision to actually/possibly buy, I just might PM you for your help. (I still haven't decided on what to do with my Ruger, once I do and if it gets the hacksaw treatment, I'll definitely be buying a Glock 43 with the upgraded sights after all...)

The funny thing with the Ruger initially I used only the original (1) magazine it came with, I probably ran 200 rounds with it without a hiccup. Then I bought 3 different extra magazines 2-extended 9 rounders and 1-7 rounder (they were Ruger magazines, not some off the wall magazines) and the problems started kicking in.

I'm going to give the Ruger one more range effort and if it continues to fail, hacksawing the Ruger and then a Glock 43 will be in the immediate future.

Thanks again to you both.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I hesitate to bring it up given the luck you have had with unreliable guns, but have you looked at the Sig P365?

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”