Fear of Guns - A Success Story (Update)

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fear of Guns - A Success Story (Update)

Post by Teamless »

Lynn, this is where we just need a
"LIKE" Button
Congrats!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Dave2

Re: Fear of Guns - A Success Story

Post by Dave2 »

Skiprr wrote:Excellent, excellent story. Thank you, TLynn.
The Annoyed Man wrote:The Annoyed Boy and The Annoyed Fiancé invited us to dinner to meet his Annoyed In-Laws for the first time.
And you...you're a hoot. I really want you to write your memoirs, if for no other reason just to see what you title the tome. ;-)
I vote for, "Out of Grapevine: A Tale of Mystery, Intrigue, and Annoyances"
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

CJATE

Post by CJATE »

There is a womans only safety class in Waco. it's designed for women who are afraid or don't know where to start

My wife was not afraid, but overwhelmed. 1/2 her class mates were afraid. Several of them have CHL now

Class taught things that I'd never thought to teach my wife.

Hoi Polloi

Post by Hoi Polloi »

CJATE wrote:There is a womans only safety class in Waco. it's designed for women who are afraid or don't know where to start

My wife was not afraid, but overwhelmed. 1/2 her class mates were afraid. Several of them have CHL now

Class taught things that I'd never thought to teach my wife.
Started a new thread here as I'd like to discuss that without detracting from TLynn's happiness. :mrgreen:
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Texas10X

Post by Texas10X »

Congratulations, TLynn, on the good news about the wedding and for the great effort you've all made in patiently getting her past her fears! And kudos to her for acknowledging her fears and taking the steps to move past them. Lots of great foundation laid there, and a blossoming gun enthusiast in the works! She'll continue to grow in her self-confidence, too, especially with the support network she has in all of you. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Topic author
TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TLynnHughes »

Texas10X wrote:Congratulations, TLynn, on the good news about the wedding and for the great effort you've all made in patiently getting her past her fears! And kudos to her for acknowledging her fears and taking the steps to move past them. Lots of great foundation laid there, and a blossoming gun enthusiast in the works! She'll continue to grow in her self-confidence, too, especially with the support network she has in all of you. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thank you Texas10X and Teamless for the congrats! We just got done at the range. You should see the girl shoot!!! She put about 80 rounds downrange today through 2 different guns under the careful coaching of my williamkevin. She's good now...she's going to be amazing!!!

Happy day!
T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”