PSC temporarily suspending memberships

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Teamless
Posts in topic: 2

PSC temporarily suspending memberships

Post by Teamless »

I didn't want to hijack the other thread, where Charles stated that memberships are temporarily suspended.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48171&p=593043#p593043" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would suggest that those that want to go to PSC to shoot, if you can't yet become a member, ask members on this forum, if they would be willing to take you to PSC, as members, we are allowed to bring in 2 guests with us during shooting hours.
I know its not the same as if you were members, where you can't bring 2 of your own guests and your immediate family members, but it would save you range fees, and give you the ability to practice with weapons or actions that you can't always do at a public range.

I normally go every 2 - 3 weeks, there are times during the week or weekend that I could be persuaded to go to allow someone to shoot, where I probably wouldn't shoot, or would only shoot a bit.
Since I only shoot pistols, would only be willing to take people who only wanted to shoot pistols, there are probably those that shoot rifles, shotgun or archery that may also volunteer to take a guest or two in.

There are things to remember if you ask and are allowed to go with a member is that the member is responsible for your safety and you MUST adhere to the rules that they specify, for your safety, any other shooters safety the membership of the person allowing you to go in with them.

It would also ask that if I put my time (and gas and membership) for you, that you take 10 minutes of your time and read PSC Rules (remember, if you become a member, you need to read them anyway, so get a head start!)
http://www.psc-range.com/index.php/cate ... club-rules" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any member taking a guest should go over the range rules with any guest once they arrive, prior to handing any weapons. I know that I certainly will with anyone I bring.

As a shooter, you need to remember, PSC is a private range.
With that, they do not sell ammo, targets, or anything else, (except for soda from a machine if you get thirsty), so bring your own:
Ears
Eyes
Targets
Stapler (and extra staples)
Gun(s)
Ammo
and ANYTHING else you may need at the range.

I would ask that this thread not be used to ask someone to be willing to take a guest in, but would suggest that someone who is looking to help (or even volunteer) to start a thread titled something like "PSC - Do you want to go" or something that draws people to it.

Happy - Safe Shooting :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Re: PSC temporarily suspending memberships

Post by apostate »

Since they're family memberships, maybe you should start a dating service matching single members with non-members. ;-)

Topic author
Teamless
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Teamless »

apostate wrote:maybe you should start a dating service matching single members with non-members.
Ill leave it to you to design the company called "Match_Grade.com" or "45-Caliber_Relationships.com" LOL
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Fire1141

Post by Fire1141 »

Teamless is great to go with. I know we got pointers from him. Also joined soon after. I am willing to take some people also, just got to be on weekends.

SkinnyB78

Post by SkinnyB78 »

I, too, would take someone on fri, sat, or suns. Just PM me.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member, IDPA member, Motorcyclist, Cyclist, Photographer

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”