Beretta's Nano is their new 6 + 1 pocket pistol in 9MM.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Beretta's Nano is their new 6 + 1 pocket pistol in 9MM.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/20 ... -nano.html

The above link introduces Beretta's new 9MM pocket pistol, the Nano.

Within the above link, click on http://www.berettanano.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to see more data on this gun.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Beretta's Nano is their new 6 + 1 pocket pistol in 9MM.

Post by Beiruty »

what is wrong with px4sc? not a true jeans pocket gun, but any jacket pocket will do fine
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Beiruty wrote:what is wrong with px4sc? not a true jeans pocket gun, but any jacket pocket will do fine
There is no thing as "too much choice" when it comes to free markets.

Seems to me the trigger is significantly below the bore on this gun. Bet there will be a lot of muzzle flip on this gun, as compared to something like a Kahr PM9. The Nano length and height are both larger than the PM9.Look at the difference:

-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Hummm - - - Verry interesting!
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

with the posted MSRP of $475 I would assume a street price of around $425 give or take. This would be substantially less than the PM9's so it will be interesting in hearing what people think of them when they get into the market in reasonable quantities. I have handled the PX4 sc and found it to be rather wide and feel it would require a holster, it may fit into a jacket pocket but how often do we really need a jacket here in Texas, then again it could be called a seasonal gun and added to the collection the same way shoes and pocketbooks................
Salty1

hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

Salty1 wrote:This would be substantially less than the PM9's [...] I have handled the PX4 sc and found it to be rather wide
:iagree: Good price point. The double stack of the PX4SC makes it a bit too wide for me (small frame) to easily conceal. Only think I don't like about the Nano's specs is the 6+1.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

jonrjen

Post by jonrjen »

Can't find an answer, does the Nano offer a manual safety?
As for the PX4sc being too wide, I don't find it to be a large (pun intended) or wide to carry....but then my phyiscal build is a little on the wide side also.

SATX-Scrub

Post by SATX-Scrub »

The Nano appeared on Academy's website!

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/store ... 4294965606

They have it for $429

I may have to try one!
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Looks like it could be a real contender in that niche. Good for 'em - and CHL people.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...looks great...in a BUG, reliability is everything...if you need it...you can't afford a click when expecting a bang...I'd fire it a few hundred times before trusting it...or any other short-slide pistol...

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Salty1 wrote:with the posted MSRP of $475 I would assume a street price of around $425 give or take. This would be substantially less than the PM9's so it will be interesting in hearing what people think of them when they get into the market in reasonable quantities. I have handled the PX4 sc and found it to be rather wide and feel it would require a holster, it may fit into a jacket pocket but how often do we really need a jacket here in Texas, then again it could be called a seasonal gun and added to the collection the same way shoes and pocketbooks................
On the other hand, you'll find the CM9 Kahr in very close to the same price as the Nano. The CM9 is just a "plain Jane" version of the PM9.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

HankB

Post by HankB »

I viewed the video at the link in the OP (click on http://www.berettanano.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and "videos" and pressed the play button)

About 15 seconds into the video, at the bottom of the window, something from "Ads by Google" popped up . . . a reference to the official Barack Obama Austin website! :shock:

I don't think I'll be buying one of these pistols any time soon. ;-)
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

HankB wrote:I viewed the video at the link in the OP (click on http://www.berettanano.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and "videos" and pressed the play button)

About 15 seconds into the video, at the bottom of the window, something from "Ads by Google" popped up . . . a reference to the official Barack Obama Austin website! :shock:

You can't really blame Beretta for that.

Beretta posted the video to Youtube. Youtube is selling the ad space. Google is the one who matched that video to that ad, not Beretta.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Jumping Frog wrote:
HankB wrote:I viewed the video at the link in the OP (click on http://www.berettanano.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and "videos" and pressed the play button)

You can't really blame Beretta for that.

Beretta posted the video to Youtube. Youtube is selling the ad space. Google is the one who matched that video to that ad, not Beretta.
Yep, the "search engine giant" musta found the relationship between Beretta and Obama and did that after finding Obama's Italian birth certificate ... Barack Obama was actually born in Predappio, Italy

I know it's true because the Wide World Interwebs said so They couldn't post it if it wasn't true :mrgreen: :lol:
http://forums.thedailyshow.com/?page=Th ... d_id=39229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"rlol"
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

SkinnyB78

Post by SkinnyB78 »

Beiruty wrote:... but any jacket pocket will do fine
Houstonians might wear a jacket 1 month a year... Maybe Jan. At 6 this morning my car temp said 27C. I'm not sure we'll be out of shorts this coming Jan.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member, IDPA member, Motorcyclist, Cyclist, Photographer

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”