New: Kimber Micro CDP .380

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Medic218
Posts in topic: 1

New: Kimber Micro CDP .380

Post by Medic218 »

Well, it looks like Kimber is getting in to the micro .380 game along with the Sig P238 and the Colt Mustang.
Looks kinda cool but I think that between the three I'll go with the Mustang.

[youtube][/youtube]

http://www.americanrifleman.org/blogs/k ... o-cdp-380/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

snatchel

Re: New: Kimber Micro CDP .380

Post by snatchel »

Nifty. My favorite part was the big "Kimber Less-Lethal" sign behind the guy as he is showing a .380 ACP handgun. haha.
No More Signature

G26ster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G26ster »

Just the addition of the ambi-safety for lefties is going to put it in stiff competition with P238 sales. To my knowledge, no ambi-safety is available for the P238. It also looks like it has the carry melt of the P238 SAS version. No sharp edges, and the grip (rather than trigger guard) laser, as well as the bobtail should make it very appealing. Currently, there is only one holster (OWB by the way) available for the P238 with CTC trigger guard type laser (Glaco Stinger), so this grip laser will allow dozens more holster choices. if I already didn't have a P238 SAS, I'd be standing in line for this new Kimber.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

G26ster wrote:Just the addition of the ambi-safety for lefties is going to put it in stiff competition with P238 sales. To my knowledge, no ambi-safety is available for the P238. It also looks like it has the carry melt of the P238 SAS version. No sharp edges, and the grip (rather than trigger guard) laser, as well as the bobtail should make it very appealing. Currently, there is only one holster (OWB by the way) available for the P238 with CTC trigger guard type laser (Glaco Stinger), so this grip laser will allow dozens more holster choices. if I already didn't have a P238 SAS, I'd be standing in line for this new Kimber.
This and if the spring doesn't have a maintenance schedule might give it an edge.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 5

Post by wgoforth »

Liberty wrote:
G26ster wrote:Just the addition of the ambi-safety for lefties is going to put it in stiff competition with P238 sales. To my knowledge, no ambi-safety is available for the P238. It also looks like it has the carry melt of the P238 SAS version. No sharp edges, and the grip (rather than trigger guard) laser, as well as the bobtail should make it very appealing. Currently, there is only one holster (OWB by the way) available for the P238 with CTC trigger guard type laser (Glaco Stinger), so this grip laser will allow dozens more holster choices. if I already didn't have a P238 SAS, I'd be standing in line for this new Kimber.
This and if the spring doesn't have a maintenance schedule might give it an edge.
Don't know which spring maintenance schedule you may be referring to... there is a gun forum urban legend that the P238 manuals say every 1,000 rounds. Nope, aint there. Called Josh at SIG and he said 3,000-3,500 rounds. When you consider that GLOCK says 2,500 on theirs, not bad.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

Though not from factory, there are many Smith's advertising as reversing the controls of the P238 for lefties. And there are numerous holsters available for the P238 with CTC type laser. Talon, High Noon, Bullard, etc.
NRA Life Member
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

wgoforth wrote: And there are numerous holsters available for the P238 with CTC type laser. Talon, High Noon, Bullard, etc.
That's great to know. My research was current as of a few months ago, and all I came up with was the "yet to be released" Galco Stinger. Thanks for the info. My bad.

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

G26ster wrote:
wgoforth wrote: And there are numerous holsters available for the P238 with CTC type laser. Talon, High Noon, Bullard, etc.
That's great to know. My research was current as of a few months ago, and all I came up with was the "yet to be released" Galco Stinger. Thanks for the info. My bad.
Bullard has some really fine ones at a reasonible rate, and is what my wife and I use. Handmade in Azle, Texas. My wife has an IWB, and I have The Bodyguard. 15 degree forward cant worn at 5:00. http://store.dmbullardleather.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Life Member

Dusty Harry

Post by Dusty Harry »

Ha! I guess this is their alternative to the Solo Carry debacle... At least this time they are sticking with a design they understand. But compared to my Kahr P380, this thing looks huge.
Professional Training, Competition, Risk Avoidance, Situational Awareness, Tactical Mindset, 100,000+ rounds down range - the hardware is the least important part of the equation...

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

I don't see anything that my Mustang or P238 ddoesn't have.
As to the lasergrip, that switch on the front grip strap is a non-starter for me. For me, that reduces my hold on a grip that's barely enough already.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

Rex B wrote:I don't see anything that my Mustang or P238 ddoesn't have.
As to the lasergrip, that switch on the front grip strap is a non-starter for me. For me, that reduces my hold on a grip that's barely enough already.
Sure it does... the Kimber name and price :cool:
NRA Life Member

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

I stand corrected :tiphat:
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

All these pocket 380s would have made sense five years ago, but with the growing number of 9mm pocket pistols at reasonable prices, I don't have any use for them. In fact, I sold my pocket 380 and bought a pocket 9 for those times I don't feel like carrying a whole gun. :mrgreen:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

tbrown wrote:All these pocket 380s would have made sense five years ago, but with the growing number of 9mm pocket pistols at reasonable prices, I don't have any use for them. In fact, I sold my pocket 380 and bought a pocket 9 for those times I don't feel like carrying a whole gun. :mrgreen:
Meh, to each his own in this respect. I have shot most of the pocket 9mm and pocket .380's and believe the P238 to be the smoothest shooting most accurate of any I have shot. Granted for a home defense gun I have larger guns with larger capacity, but I do not feel under powered/under gunned with it.
NRA Life Member

Shinesintx

Post by Shinesintx »

wgoforth wrote:
tbrown wrote:All these pocket 380s would have made sense five years ago, but with the growing number of 9mm pocket pistols at reasonable prices, I don't have any use for them. In fact, I sold my pocket 380 and bought a pocket 9 for those times I don't feel like carrying a whole gun. :mrgreen:
Meh, to each his own in this respect. I have shot most of the pocket 9mm and pocket .380's and believe the P238 to be the smoothest shooting most accurate of any I have shot. Granted for a home defense gun I have larger guns with larger capacity, but I do not feel under powered/under gunned with it.
QFT (Quoted for truth)

Do I feel under gunned? Maybe a little...which is why I practice making head shots and missing small.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”