Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Seabear
Posts in topic: 2

PF-9 Holsters?

Post by Seabear »

Ok, on to another subject.

I love carrying my Ultra II, however sometimes I need to carry the PF-9 that I replaced my LCP with. (Might shoulda kept it). The reason for the PF-9 is if I am going somewhere I know I will have to disarm, I don't want to leave my Kimber alone in my truck. Also sometimes deeper concealment is required.

The PF-9 to me is just a tad too big for pocket carry (the niche for the LCP). SO that means I could use an IWB, however I want something that is easy on easy off. I showed you guys the Galco I picked up for the Ultra that served that purpose, unfortunately they don't make one for the PF-9 yet, just the PT-3AT .

Do any of you carry one with a holster that works well for you?
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

Topic author
Seabear
Posts in topic: 2

Re: PF-9 Holsters?

Post by Seabear »

Look what I found. I didn't even think of trying this.

I tried my PF-9 in my KingTuk, and the Galco TR424, it fit ok in both. The retention on my KT is not as good as they guy's on the video. I figure mine is loosened up since it has been broken in with the ULTRA. The retention was much better with the TR424 which is what I had in mind any way. I don't suppose carrying the PF-9 in it will affect it's use with the 1911 since it is all kydex. I may just buy another one though just in case.

Oh, here's the video I found.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:hurry:
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

gregthehand
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gregthehand »

I use a Comp-Tac Minotaur. Works great.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

GrandmasterB

Post by GrandmasterB »

I normally don't like nylon holsters, but I have been using one of these WRB models for my PF9 and it works very well: http://www.wrbsales.com/products/95-in- ... lster.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is economical and functional and easy to put on and take off.
Romans 5:8

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

When I carry IWB and need to disarm, I usually just take the gun out put it in a spare cheapie nylon holster that I keep in the car, and keep the holster on.

BUT, I find myself carryin OWB a lot in winter time.. and I have leather as well as kydex holsters. If I know i'm going to be in and out all day.. such as classes at the school, I usually will wear one of the fobus paddles. It's super easy to put on/take off..

http://www.fobusholster.com/products/Ke ... 6-116.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No More Signature

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”