Kahr CM9

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rl168
Posts in topic: 2

Kahr CM9

Post by rl168 »

Thinking of picking one up for pocket carry. Anyone have one? Looking for feedback if it is a good choice. Thanks.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kahr CM9

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Have a PM9, which basically just a tarted up CM9. I like it a lot. And my wife carries a CW9, which is just a CM9 with a 1/2" longer barrel and one more round of capacity. She likes it a lot.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

I can also vouch for the CW9. It was small enough to pocket carry... just a tad bigger than the CM9. It was my wife's, but she traded it for a PF9 a few days ago. The PF9 is much, much smaller.. about the same as the CM9.

So to answer your question, i'd say go for the CW9.... but the CM9 isn't a bad choice.
No More Signature

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am like TAM I have the PM9. I have tried different Kahrs throughout different times, but the is the first time I found one I really like and it is the PM9. I am sorry, but I know nothing about the CM9.

gfmun

Post by gfmun »

I have a PM9 and a CM9, both great. Get it.

George

OverEasy

Post by OverEasy »

I bought a CM9 as an upgrade from a Kel-Tec P11. The CM9 has a very nice trigger. I just completed the suggested 200 rd break in. I had one failure to feed early on.

I had my wife run a few rounds through it last time we went to the range. Her first six rounds at 25 ft. made one rectangular hole that you could cover with 2 nickles overlapping each other half way. Her comment: " It's OK, but it pinches my little finger between the pinky rest on the mag and the grip, I don't want to shoot it anymore."

I would say "Go for it!"

Regards, OE
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I have one also and like it quite a bit. I haven't carried it but have stuck it in my pocket and it disappears in a front pocket. I like the trigger on it also.
Psalm 91:2

xb12s

Post by xb12s »

I also have a PM9. Love it. My shooting buddy has a CW9 and a CW45. Both are completely reliable and good shooters.

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

+1 CM9. Well built and solid material. NO JAMS WHAT SO EVER-(+450 rds)! They did not cut corners and the sights are easy to use. There is an option for aftermarket night sights.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

v-rog wrote:+1 CM9. Well built and solid material. NO JAMS WHAT SO EVER-(+450 rds)! They did not cut corners and the sights are easy to use. There is an option for aftermarket night sights.
I am glad I was able to get the PM9 because the first thing I did was change the sights to XS Big Dot Sights.

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

I have both CW9 and CM9. Both are 100% reliable, accurate, comfortable to shoot, easy to care for.
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Kahrry

Post by Kahrry »

I also have the CM9 and CW9. The CW is my EDC and the CM is my wife's EDC. She wears business attire all day and carries her CM9 appendiz stlye, and even in a thigh rig with her dresses/skirts. I have my CW9 on right now with my dress shirt in a Kangaroo carry holster. I can't speak highly enough about the quality of Kahr. The only real practice you need is getting familiar with the "double action" feel trigger. The trigger pull is very smooth but stiffer than single action/ glock-type triggers.

As a side note: I found that the Talon Grips for this gun really makes an awesome upgrade for handling. :thumbs2:
Kahr CW9
Springfield XD40 sub-compact

Topic author
rl168

Post by rl168 »

Thanks for the feedback folks. I have no problem finding a CM9, but looks like finding ammo for it is going to be a challenge :lol:

68blackbird

Post by 68blackbird »

My plastic should arrive anyday now. I have been practicing with my new G19 Gen 4 for few months. I like it, shoot it very well. Picked up a new CW9 few weeks ago and took it for first time last weekend....totally feel in love with it. As much as I liked my G19(still do), pretty sure the CW9 will be my EDC..
"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”