Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TexasLookout
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

A Topic Concerning Foreign Ammunition Availability

Post by TexasLookout »

What happened to all the other Countries in the World Manufacturing Ammunition and Arms. If US plants are so over whelmed making Guns and Ammo.

Where is all the other Countries Ammo that used to be sold in the USA ?

G26ster
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A Topic Concerning Foreign Ammunition Availability

Post by G26ster »

TexasLookout wrote:What happened to all the other Countries in the World Manufacturing Ammunition and Arms. If US plants are so over whelmed making Guns and Ammo.

I believe they are being scarfed off the shelves too. Prvi Partisan, for example, is made in Serbia and imported and distributed by a U.S. distributor. Who says they are not affected by the mad scramble to buy ammo once it comes into the stores and online vendors. Not sure if I get your point.

blackgold

Post by blackgold »

Its all part of the conspiracy!
Brian

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/250312 ... tal-jacket" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Date expected in stock: 08/19/2013

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-677-pr ... ition.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sold out, no backorders accepted

http://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-5-56x45-am ... 3prvi-1000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Out of stock, no backorders accepted

Clearly the Serbs are in on the conspiracy.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

TexasLookout wrote:What happened to all the other Countries in the World Manufacturing Ammunition and Arms. If US plants are so over whelmed making Guns and Ammo.

It's all been bought up too!! I've recently bought Privi, Magtech, Fiochi, Sellier & Bellot. It's all still there if you can find it.
TSRA Life Memeber

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

we just did a big group buy (and store re-stock) of primers, and S&B was easily available .... our total order was 100k primers .... took two weeks during January due to the shipping folks.
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

eureka40 wrote:

It's all been bought up too!! I've recently bought Privi, Magtech, Fiochi, Sellier & Bellot. It's all still there if you can find it.
For awhile I was finding a good bit of Magtech and Fiocchi, but not so much any more.

Napier

Post by Napier »

Cowbellah's recently shipped me a backorder of PMC .223. My third favorite brand in any calibre after American Eagle and Freedom.

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

Mmmmm, Bacon, did someone say bacon?

Oooppps, wrong thread. Sorry about the OP, I was having a flashback.

I heard that they all got together in mid December and decided to limit supply. It was the Great Ammo Summit of 2012 and it was held in Switzerland.

On another note, my buddy told me that by 2016, 87% of ammo manufacturers will produce 73% of ammunition from unobtainium. It's supposed to be the latest and greatest. My range has already said they won't allow it to be shot in their facility. Oh, he also said the 86% of all percentages are made up on the fly.

And I'll end my response with the best words I have seen Chas say:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

I'm getting tired of saying this, "the TexasCHLforum is not the National Inquirer." Stop now!

Chas.
I'm wondering if this came from Info Wars......

:deadhorse:

I'm so done with this one.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

Topic author
TexasLookout
Banned

Post by TexasLookout »

Could be a Senior Moment ?

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

Texaslookout, I'd like to get back on track.....

In all seriousness, you have asked a couple good questions about ammunition supplies. IMHO, posters have presented enough facts, information and accounts, be it first hand or second, that there is no collusion going on between manufacturers in the USA or worldwide. I cannot see how all the global ammunition suppliers got together and decided to withhold inventory to raise prices or slow production rates down to artificially raise prices. Especially when I don't see it in the big box stores. I see it at the gun shows and at a few smaller retailers. That is just counter productive to most manufacturers and they would not risk an FTC investigation that would further strengthen the anti-gun position.

I will leave you wth an email that I just received today from one of the suppliers I use for my range ammo on the 223 and 308.
Yes, you can pick it up and pay at the same time with a CC if you'd like. No need to prepay. I have the 308 ready to go right now, it is getting to your name on the 223 that is the issue. We are a couple hundered thousand rounds backordered before you on that item.
Here is the pricing I paid today:
223 Remington 55gr FMJ Value Line Box (100 rounds) 32.60
308 Winchester 150gr FMJ Value Line Box (50 rounds) 27.70

My emphasis.

Maybe one day we can :cheers2:
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”