Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Books by Stephen A. Camp

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

As with all Internet sites, TexasCHLforum.com seems to have "members" with varying amounts of shooting and gun-handling experience. We have old war horses who've owned and/or shot just about everything. We also have people who are either new to guns and shooting, or are contemplating getting their first CHL (do it, do it now!) and are trying to decide what handgun would best fit their needs and lifestyle. For those who are new to guns and shooting and are considering either a 1911 or Hi Power, you are in luck. You now have two good reference books available. These books are not only helpful in evaluating these pistols for purchase, but they are also good references for owners.

I have been shooting for 50 of my 55 years and I've owned and shot a bunch of different guns, especially handguns. The Browning Hi Power was not among them, although I've long wanted to add one or more to the collection. I just never got around to it. After seeing numerous posts by Stephen A. Camp on 1911forum.com and other boards, I came to realize he really "knows his stuff" about Hi Powers. Since these pistols come from many sources and in different configurations, I decided to try his "Shooters Guide to the Browning Hi Power" and his "Hi Power Disassembly Guide." Both are excellent resources on the Hi Power.

Stephen now has a similar book available for the 1911 platform pistols. He also offers "Defensive Handguns" which is an overview of various types of pistols and revolvers available for concealed carry. I believe this would be an excellent study for people who are either new to handgun shooting, or who may be considering their first "carry" gun.

So, if you or someone you know could use an excellent resource on these subjects, you can't go wrong with Stephen's books. They can be found on his web site at http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Products5.html

Regards,
Chas.
Last edited by Charles L. Cotton on Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen A. Camp

Post by Stephen A. Camp »

Hello and thank you so much. To show my respect for this site and your kind words, anyone from this site who orders any book or combination of books instead of the discount on S&H, there will be no S&H charges.

Just put "Texas CHL Forum" somewhere on your order if doing it by mail or in the remarks if doing PayPal and you'll get the discount.

The only exception is the "Hi Power Disassembly Guide". The $2 S&H has to be there on that one, but if ordered with another book there is no S&H on this guide.

Thanks again.

Best.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Thanks

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Stephen:

Thank you for offering this for TexasCHLforum members. Thank you also for your excellent work.

Chas.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”