Anybody Else Haveing Problems with Glock 42?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

RonW956
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anybody Else Haveing Problems with Glock 42?

Post by RonW956 »

Crash wrote:I've fired only about 85 rounds through my new Glock 42 but have had a number of failures to feed or failure to eject with several different types of HP ammo--no problems with FMJ. Anybody else having these problems? I'm going to shoot another 200 rounds of FMJ through if and if there are no problems I'll start using HPs again. If I have more problems with it, the gun's going back to Glock for repair.

Crash
From what I can tell you on what I read on other forums & from my own experience with the G42 is a couple things going on here. One, you have a brand new pistol and assuming that you field stripped it & lubed it according to the manual prior to shooting it for the first time, it is going to take a couple hundred rounds for it to break it. New springs, expecially on a small pistol can be exceptionally stiff and that can lead to the occasional FTF or eject. Usually its the mag springs that cause that. Second, the G42 is very picky on what ammo it likes..You're going to have to experiement different brands ammo & find what it likes, & stick with that brand. I would strongly suggest cleaning the pistol after each time at the range.

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

:iagree:
RonW956 wrote:
Crash wrote:I've fired only about 85 rounds through my new Glock 42 but have had a number of failures to feed or failure to eject with several different types of HP ammo--no problems with FMJ. Anybody else having these problems? I'm going to shoot another 200 rounds of FMJ through if and if there are no problems I'll start using HPs again. If I have more problems with it, the gun's going back to Glock for repair.

Crash
From what I can tell you on what I read on other forums & from my own experience with the G42 is a couple things going on here. One, you have a brand new pistol and assuming that you field stripped it & lubed it according to the manual prior to shooting it for the first time, it is going to take a couple hundred rounds for it to break it. New springs, expecially on a small pistol can be exceptionally stiff and that can lead to the occasional FTF or eject. Usually its the mag springs that cause that. Second, the G42 is very picky on what ammo it likes..You're going to have to experiement different brands ammo & find what it likes, & stick with that brand. I would strongly suggest cleaning the pistol after each time at the range.
:iagree: Surely true statement. I ran through the same issues with my SIG P938. It takes several hundred rounds, some cleaning and relubing, working the slide and the springs.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

dwsintxs

Post by dwsintxs »

I've had mine about 6 months, and have put 500 rounds of all sorts of ammo through it, and have never had any sort of FTE or hiccup of any sort. I added XS Big Dots sights to it and that seems to have helped my accuracy.

I also have the 43 now and it shoots even better than the 42, IMO. I purchased some night sights for it the day before I got the gun itself, but it shoots so well that I'm considering NOT adding them, lol.

I am NOT a Glock fan, but I am impressed with both of these. Now I can't decide if I like one of these more than my Shield 9mm, or my Ruger LC9S pro. I have 3000 rounds through the Sheild and 100 through the Ruger.

Life is good as Hickock45 would say.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

I like the Glock 42, in fact I liked mine so much I gave it away (to my sister). Mine ran perfectly, I only had around 140 rounds through it and the only defensive ammo I had fed it was Hornady Critical Defense.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I've owned two .380s and fired a number of others, and the only one that was ever reliable when I shot it was a tilt-barreled baretta, which was quite a bit larger than most of the pocket guns. I think the problem is that the smaller pistols are harder for some shooters, myself included, to shoot well because of the "horsepower to weight ratio" (if one can use "horsepower" in the same sentence with ".380").

OTH, I've never had that problem with pocketable 9mm pistols, so maybe my theory is wrong....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

I bought my G42 right after they came out and I have had zero problems with it. My wife carried a Ruger LCP that she has had for about six years and we have had zero problems with it. The G42 is the better shooter hands down over the LCP.

A .380 beats a rock or nothing at all.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”