Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

puma guy
Posts in topic: 8

Re: EDC light: LUMINTOP Tool AA 2.0

Post by puma guy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:41 am
puma guy wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:27 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:49 am How do you change modes?
Description on Amazon says it has "mode memory", but every inexpensive tailcap clicky light I've used changes modes when you turn it on...
If I set it for max brightness, will it skip to strobe mode the next time I turn it on?

Drives me crazy.

Looks like a decent inexpensive light if the clicky behaves itself. :lol:
The tail piece switch has two modes The hard click function functions through the brightness modes off and on, but once it's turned on with the hard click you can lightly touch the cap to toggle thru the brightness modes. Once you get to the brightness level you want for memory use the hard click to turn it off and on. It should remain at the same brightness mode. Mine does any way. You can probably use the bezel to get to the level you want as well then turn it off.
Thanks for the info! I suppose this should convince me to read the instructions from here on out. I had no idea.
I just happened to touch the cap switch slightly and the brightness changed. I can never understand the Chinese translations. I learned back in 1970 reading my Honda owners and maintenance manual that they don't make any sense. Japanese or Chinese makes no difference. LOL
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

Description on Amazon says it has "mode memory", but every inexpensive tailcap clicky light I've used changes modes when you turn it on...
If I set it for max brightness, will it skip to strobe mode the next time I turn it on?

Drives me crazy.

The tail piece switch has two modes The hard click function functions through the brightness modes off and on, but once it's turned on with the hard click you can lightly touch the cap to toggle thru the brightness modes. Once you get to the brightness level you want for memory use the hard click to turn it off and on. It should remain at the same brightness mode. Mine does any way. You can probably use the bezel to get to the level you want as well then turn it off.
My experience with tailcap clicky lights has been that I can scroll through the settings using the soft click and when I turn the light off (hard click) and back on (hard click again) the mode advances by at least 1 mode... Sounds like you're saying that is NOT happening with this light?? That would be nice!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:00 pm I just ordered one. That is perfect for using on the occasions I do food delivery at night. It is amazing how many folks order food delivered at night and leave the porch lights out. I have been using a full size flashlight I keep in the side console of my pickup truck door. I don't like that it takes up my left hand leaving me carrying food with my draw hand. I can literally stick that thing in my mouth and keep my draw hand open for the BG who decides to try and rob me.
I have the perfect solution to simultaneously use a high lumen flashlight, hands free, so that you may use both of your hands to handle the food delivery, and ringing the customer's bell.

https://niteize.com/lite-holster-stretc ... ht-holster

This flashlight holster has a strong belt clip and will accept many sizes of small flashlights. The holster has a 360 degree swivel, enabling you to point the flashlight straight ahead, partially down, or completely looking down at your feet. Very flexible.

I bought mine many years ago at Academy Lewisville. Today I looked for it at Academy Denton, but they didn't have any in stock.

Just order it from their company website, or Amazon. This little holster is a life hack that is great for ony $10.99 or so. I dig it. I believe you will too.

Save your super size flashlight for reading house numbers from your driver's seat. Use a smaller flashlight for the walk from your truck to the customer's front door. I've been there, done that.

Happy Trails.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:11 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:00 pm I just ordered one. That is perfect for using on the occasions I do food delivery at night. It is amazing how many folks order food delivered at night and leave the porch lights out. I have been using a full size flashlight I keep in the side console of my pickup truck door. I don't like that it takes up my left hand leaving me carrying food with my draw hand. I can literally stick that thing in my mouth and keep my draw hand open for the BG who decides to try and rob me.
I have the perfect solution to simultaneously use a high lumen flashlight, hands free, so that you may use both of your hands to handle the food delivery, and ringing the customer's bell.

https://niteize.com/lite-holster-stretc ... ht-holster

This flashlight holster has a strong belt clip and will accept many sizes of small flashlights. The holster has a 360 degree swivel, enabling you to point the flashlight straight ahead, partially down, or completely looking down at your feet. Very flexible.

I bought mine many years ago at Academy Lewisville. Today I looked for it at Academy Denton, but they didn't have any in stock.

Just order it from their company website, or Amazon. This little holster is a life hack that is great for ony $10.99 or so. I dig it. I believe you will too.

Save your super size flashlight for reading house numbers from your driver's seat. Use a smaller flashlight for the walk from your truck to the customer's front door. I've been there, done that.

Happy Trails.

SIA
Thank you. I will check that out.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Yaw wekkum, as my Anderson, SC Marine boss used to say to me. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by puma guy »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:45 pm

Drives me crazy.

My experience with tailcap clicky lights has been that I can scroll through the settings using the soft click and when I turn the light off (hard click) and back on (hard click again) the mode advances by at least 1 mode... Sounds like you're saying that is NOT happening with this light?? That would be nice!
Yep! Once I set the brightness with the soft touch and turn it off with the hard click it returns to the same brightness mode when I turn it back on. I discovered with the 14500 battery the brightest mode gets the emitter end very hot.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”