Open Carry Colt Single Action Army?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Open Carry Colt Single Action Army?

Post by cmgee67 »

I was saw a guy open carrying a single action army clone. Was a young guy too. I was very surprised to see that. Would you carry one? Maybe it was all he had and was making it work. Who knows. Either way I thought it was pretty cool.

Jusme

Re: Open Carry Colt Single Action Army?

Post by Jusme »

cmgee67 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:37 am I was saw a guy open carrying a single action army clone. Was a young guy too. I was very surprised to see that. Would you carry one? Maybe it was all he had and was making it work. Who knows. Either way I thought it was pretty cool.

I saw a guy, also younger (late 20's early 30's) OC a Ruger SA revolver in a western style holster with the leg tie down and everything. A SA revolver would not be my first choice as a carry gun, even though some people can bring them into play rather quickly. They are fun to shoot, but I would stick with a double action revolver, or a semi auto pistol. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

cmgee67 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:37 am I was saw a guy open carrying a single action army clone. Was a young guy too. I was very surprised to see that. Would you carry one? Maybe it was all he had and was making it work. Who knows. Either way I thought it was pretty cool.
Your last sentence is probably why he carries it.
Charlie

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

Any gun is better than no gun :fire

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

I have seen a few folks who can shoot a single action revolver as accurately and quickly as many people can shoot a semi-auto, and they can reload quickly too. As I understand it the folks that compete in SASS are scary fast and good with that gear.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”