Opinion please EAA 9L Pistol

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Opinion please EAA 9L Pistol

Post by puma guy »

Anyone know anything about the model EAA 9l semi-auto? I couldn't find this particular model number, though I found many labeled Witness. It appears to resemble and maybe even a clone of the compact CZ75. Any information on relaibilty, function, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Opinion please EAA 9L Pistol

Post by Tex1961 »

EAA, Tanfoglio. SAR, pretty much all the same and all pretty well respected for being CZ clones. If the price is right I would have no problems with getting it.

AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AndyC1911 »

I had this model Tanfoglio in the early 90s in South Africa:

Absolutely reliable, accurate - I shot it in competition and carried it on duty when I was working armed response (used it in a gunfight with AK-wielding oafs trying to burglarize a clothing factory at night, which was fun - not). The main functional difference between the Tanfog and a CZ75 was that I could still retract the Tanfog slide even when cocked-n-locked.

Would I buy one again? Yep.

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

Tex1961 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:14 am EAA, Tanfoglio. SAR, pretty much all the same and all pretty well respected for being CZ clones. If the price is right I would have no problems with getting it.
SAR is from a different company in Turkey not Italy. The SAR is based on the Tanfoglio design. In fact it can use some Witness small frame parts. It is also forged instead of cast. I have all three.

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

AndyC1911 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:07 pm I had this model Tanfoglio in the early 90s in South Africa:

Absolutely reliable, accurate - I shot it in competition and carried it on duty when I was working armed response (used it in a gunfight with AK-wielding oafs trying to burglarize a clothing factory at night, which was fun - not). The main functional difference between the Tanfog and a CZ75 was that I could still retract the Tanfog slide even when cocked-n-locked.

I have a stainless SAR just like that Tanfoglio.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Tex1961 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:14 am EAA, Tanfoglio. SAR, pretty much all the same and all pretty well respected for being CZ clones. If the price is right I would have no problems with getting it.
AndyC1911 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:07 pm I had this model Tanfoglio in the early 90s in South Africa:

eyedoc wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:56 pm SAR is from a different company in Turkey not Italy. The SAR is based on the Tanfoglio design. In fact it can use some Witness small frame parts. It is also forged instead of cast. I have all three.

Unfortunately I missed bidding on it. After attending a gun show with me, she who can't be denied wanted to look at flooring and by the time we returned home bidding was done. I already have a Sarsilmaz version (Hancer 2000 imported by Academy), but I would have liked to have had this version. It went for $210. It was a weird gun auction. Some items went for ridiculous prices and others went for a song.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”