Is this another online gun seller that's really a scammer ?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
texas yankee
Posts in topic: 2

Is this another online gun seller that's really a scammer ?

Post by texas yankee »

https://buyguns-online.com/shop/ - these guys appear to be the same thing, with a different web site name https://firearms-texas.com/checkout/

* everything shows as IN STOCK

* none of the comments are specific to the product - they're all generic comments

* their premises address shows as "9440 Highway 6 South, Houston, TX 77083 United State" (without the final "s" on States), but Google Maps doesn't show anything there related to a gun shop

* their prices on the few items I looked at were lower than anyone else's prices, even Buds Gun Shop

* for payment, they only accept PayPal, Bitcoin Payment, and something called the Vanilla Gift Card - all are non-disputable, instant payment methods[/list]
What's in it for me ? :patriot:

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Is this another online gun seller that's really a scammer ?

Post by Tex1961 »

RUN FOREST RUNNNNN.....

First PayPal does not allow firearm sales... And anytime I see a store that accepts bitcoin I run the other way....

Good catch though....

Topic author
texas yankee

Post by texas yankee »

I'm running into a lot of these sites - they all seem to use the same basic web site, with different logos and such, but they all want PayPal or Bitcoin or some other type of one-way payment situation - some of them use Zelle, which I've used myself a lot, BUT ONLY FOR PEOPLE I KNOW. There's another scammer situation at CZGUNSTORE.COM
What's in it for me ? :patriot:

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I put that address into Google Maps, and did the street level view. If you go up into the parking lot, you'll see a place called "Fountain Guns". So, if that was the actual business, why not just use the real name of the gun store? Sounds like a scam site.

FuziDave

Post by FuziDave »

that first one: the facebook and twiter links don't take you anywhere.
the second one: boasts an indoor range, but for the life of me, i can't find the address to their place.
FuziDave

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

https://scam.directory/misc-delivery-sc ... nline-com/

It is a scam

Buyguns-online.com is a delivery scam.
How a Fake Delivery scam works
In this scam, the criminal uses the domain buyguns-online.com to scam people by pretending to sell goods online from their website. Once you pay for the goods the scammer will not send them to you.

The scam has now just started. The scammer will now convince you that he will ship the goods to you. The scammer will create a fake shipping website and give you a shipping number. This is in order to steal even more money from you by charging you for shipping.

The scam continues
Now that you have invested money, the scammer will continue to charge you more and more fees. As you have already lost money you will be easier to convince because it is difficult to admit that you have been scammed. The scammer can charge you for multiple things including:

Cost of product
Shipping
Taxes (multiple times)
Airport fees
Bribes
buyguns-online.com Screenshot
buyguns-online.com screenshot
View Buyguns-online.com again?
Who created buyguns-online.com?
Scammers create multiple websites for their scams. We research these sites and publish warnings in order to prevent people from getting scammed. Scammers constantly change how they build their websites to not get noticed by us. Here are just a few of the red flags we found from checking WHOIS:

When was buyguns-online.com registered?
The domain was registered 13 days ago. on Fri the 22 May 2020 with NameSilo, LLC. This is very recent for a supposedly genuine company.

Where is buyguns-online.com hosted?
It is currently hosted with the following nameservers: NS1.THCSERVERS.COM, NS2.THCSERVERS.COM. This may change if the website is shut down and they move hosters.

Where can I find reviews on buyguns-online.com?
The only place you can find reviews for buyguns-online.com is on their own website. This is part of the scam to convince you they are legit.

Is buyguns-online.com legit?
No, It is a delivery scam using an item of value they claim to be sending to you to bait you into sending money. You will lose any money you send.

What else do you know about them?
We know they use the email contact@buyguns-online.com and the phone number 1519484702. Any address they use is fake and the phone number is a virtual phone number which redirects to their cell phone.

How can I get my money back if I have been scammed by buyguns-online.com?
That is not an easy question to answer. Have a look at the payment methods on their website. They are as untraceable as possible. If you have paid very recently there is a possibility that you can cancel the transaction however they make it as difficult as possible for you to do this.

Resources:
Click to see other websites on the same server here

Click to see other scam websites registered with NameSilo, LLC

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Oh, didn't know Paypal was a one way payment site. Thanks, had no idea. Assumed you could tell them you were scammed and they would reverse the payment.

Good to know.

Thanks.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

philip964 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:32 pm Oh, didn't know Paypal was a one way payment site. Thanks, had no idea. Assumed you could tell them you were scammed and they would reverse the payment.

Good to know.

Thanks.
PayPal isn't one way... You can easily contest a charge.... What PayPal won't do is allow firearm purchases on their site... If this were a legitimate business PayPal would have rejected them..... Private transactions however between two people are just that, private so no details therefor allowed...

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:40 pm
philip964 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:32 pm Oh, didn't know Paypal was a one way payment site. Thanks, had no idea. Assumed you could tell them you were scammed and they would reverse the payment.

Good to know.

Thanks.
PayPal isn't one way... You can easily contest a charge.... What PayPal won't do is allow firearm purchases on their site... If this were a legitimate business PayPal would have rejected them..... Private transactions however between two people are just that, private so no details therefor allowed...
So private transactions are one way?

I rarely use Paypal, but a lady that puts birthday signs in your yard only took PayPal, so I used it. She did a great job, no issues, was that a private transaction? She was part of an online franchise thing. I’ll be more careful.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

philip964 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:47 pm
Tex1961 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:40 pm

Good to know.

Thanks.
So private transactions are one way?

I rarely use Paypal, but a lady that puts birthday signs in your yard only took PayPal, so I used it. She did a great job, no issues, was that a private transaction? She was part of an online franchise thing. I’ll be more careful.
Honestly I’m not sure. I mostly use PayPal for my business, so I’m bound by those rules. I’m sure you could read their TOS and fi out about personal transactions.

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

On PayPal, if you choose to send money using the "To a friend" option, you have no recourse to get your money back - that should be a huge red flag right there if an unknown "business" demands that option.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Unless something has changed drastically Fountain Firearms is a great shop.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”