What would you pay for an RG10 .22 revolver?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

What would you pay for an RG10 .22 revolver?

Post by puma guy »

I sold these Rohm RG10 .22 revolvers back in the 60's and 70's. I think they were about 13 or 14 bucks. Made in West Germany until the GCA of 1968 and then in Miami. I saw this on an an auction site that and it sold for $71 plus shipping, tax, & FFL trasfer. This one is missing the ejector rod.

Maybe I should have been more enthusiastic about selling them. But see the video.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 3

Re: What would you pay for an RG10 .22 revolver?

Post by eyedoc »

WHAT IS A ROHM RG10 PISTOL WORTH?
A ROHM RG10 pistol is currently worth an average price of $66.70 used . The 12 month average price is $71.18 used.

The used value of a ROHM RG10 pistol has fallen ($13.42) dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $66.70 .

The demand of new ROHM RG10 pistol's has not changed over the past 12 months. The demand of used ROHM RG10 pistol's has risen 10 units over the past 12 months.

ESTIMATED VALUE
*Using 80% condition for calculating used Values.
*Caliber, Barrel Length, Generations, Sub Models may all affect item price. Make sure your search is specific enough to get the correct value.

https://truegunvalue.com/pistol/rohm/rg ... l-value-51

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

eyedoc wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:38 pm WHAT IS A ROHM RG10 PISTOL WORTH?
A ROHM RG10 pistol is currently worth an average price of $66.70 used . The 12 month average price is $71.18 used.

The used value of a ROHM RG10 pistol has fallen ($13.42) dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $66.70 .

The demand of new ROHM RG10 pistol's has not changed over the past 12 months. The demand of used ROHM RG10 pistol's has risen 10 units over the past 12 months.

ESTIMATED VALUE
*Caliber, Barrel Length, Generations, Sub Models may all affect item price. Make sure your search is specific enough to get the correct value.

I was just amazed at the accuracy of the pistol in the video.They are made mostly of pot metal and the steel barrels are just loosely stuck into the pot metal frame & held in place by a pin. That's the only connection to the pistol frame. What looks like the barrel with the front sight is just a shroud. A customer brought one back after the barrel shot out the front of that shroud when the pin failed. There are folks who collect them, though. I never looked at the company's ads back when I was selling them,, but here's one from 1960 that states they are " exceedingly accurate", so maybe they knew what they were talking about. I'm not sure how that barrel grouped in the one we had returned. :lol: I don't know anyone who would pay half that much for one, but they're probably a better buy than a Jennings/Bryco/Jiminez.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

puma guy wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:38 pm

ESTIMATED VALUE

I was just amazed at the accuracy of the pistol in the video.They are made mostly of pot metal and the steel barrels are just loosely stuck into the pot metal frame & held in place by a pin. That's the only connection to the pistol frame. What looks like the barrel with the front sight is just a shroud. A customer brought one back after the barrel shot out the front of that shroud when the pin failed. There are folks who collect them, though. I never looked at the company's ads back when I was selling them,, but here's one from 1960 that states they are " exceedingly accurate", so maybe they knew what they were talking about. I'm not sure how that barrel grouped in the one we had returned. :lol: I don't know anyone who would pay half that much for one, but they're probably a better buy than a Jennings/Bryco/Jiminez.
After reading this post, I would accept payment (to me) of $50.00 to take it off of someone's hands. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AF-Odin »

Back in 1971 I had a summer job working the gun counter at a Gibson's Discount Store. Do not recall if it was Rohm, but we had small .22 revolvers that sold for under $10. One guy came in and bought 10 of them. We also had some nice stock of early Ruger Single Sixes and "Standards," but Colt and S&W were not in the cabinets.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:51 pm
puma guy wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:38 pm

ESTIMATED VALUE

After reading this post, I would accept payment (to me) of $50.00 to take it off of someone's hands. :mrgreen:
"rlol"

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

AF-Odin wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:44 am Back in 1971 I had a summer job working the gun counter at a Gibson's Discount Store. Do not recall if it was Rohm, but we had small .22 revolvers that sold for under $10. One guy came in and bought 10 of them. We also had some nice stock of early Ruger Single Sixes and "Standards," but Colt and S&W were not in the cabinets.
Probably an RG, they made some other models. Gibson's never had a Colt Franchise that I know of. I can't remember if I ever saw a Smith and Wesson in the Texas City or the Greenville, Texas stores. Those were the only ones I visited in the 60's and 70's. I do remember Rugers. There's still a Gibson's in Weatherford , Texas and they have an extensive selection of firearms, reloading and accessories in the Sporting Goods Dept. At least they did when I last visited several years ago.

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

My prized, family heirloom, RG14 in it's custom, padded, storage case .....
KINGEDWARDRG14.jpg
jd :)
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

mr surveyor wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:55 am My prized, family heirloom, RG14 in it's custom, padded, storage case .....

KINGEDWARDRG14.jpg

:lol:

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

mr surveyor wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:55 am My prized, family heirloom, RG14 in it's custom, padded, storage case .....

KINGEDWARDRG14.jpg

That set up is worth a least 70.00. A true treasure. Hang on to it. My mom actually has one from the 60s but no storage box.

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

eyedoc wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:50 am

KINGEDWARDRG14.jpg

That set up is worth a least 70.00. A true treasure. Hang on to it. My mom actually has one from the 60s but no storage box.

I wasn't going to mention it, but it does have some fancy engraving as well ... 2-3 sets of initials that must have been carved with a finely sharpened, rusty nail. Just that alone should pump the value up .... besides, they just don't make presentation cases like that any more (I also have the presentation case stamped "5¢") :lol:

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I’ll pass. To many decent 22’s still selling at a decent price to bother with a antiquated Saturday night special. I’d pay $15.00 for a broken one to stick on the wall maybe.

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

mr surveyor wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:43 am
eyedoc wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:50 am

KINGEDWARDRG14.jpg

I wasn't going to mention it, but it does have some fancy engraving as well ... 2-3 sets of initials that must have been carved with a finely sharpened, rusty nail. Just that alone should pump the value up .... besides, they just don't make presentation cases like that any more (I also have the presentation case stamped "5¢") :lol:

jd
:drool:

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I might pay $10 for one if I was looking for a unique paperweight. I wouldn't trust one for anything else.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

threoh8

Post by threoh8 »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:31 pm To many decent 22’s still selling at a decent price to bother with a antiquated Saturday night special.
(emphasis added)

No criticism of the poster intended, but I don't like using that term. It's one of those scary phrases used to intentionally conjure a negative image in support of various bans or restrictions, just as "assault weapon" is used by many today. "Assault rifle" was at least a military/technical term, but has been deliberately misused since at least the 1980's.

I remember the American Rifleman cover page showing a full-size Colt Single Action Army, with a headline of "Last year, this was a Saturday Night Special" or words to that effect, referring to the arbitrary wording of proposed handgun legislation promoted as banning "Saturday Night Specials".

As I recall, there were some racist connotations about the term's roots, as well.

Yes, the RG10 was a cheap handgun, and a lot of us tend to turn our noses up at it. But for some, it was what they could afford to own to protect themselves.
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”