Total votes: 32

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: How Many Reloads Should A Private Citizen Carry? POLL

Post by The Annoyed Man »

srothstein wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:02 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:09 pm
srothstein wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:40 am
BigGuy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:11 pm I've been reading a lot of posts on "The Pistol Forum." A lot of the LEOs pointed out that what ever takes out your primary weapon might also take out you strong hand. I carry my bug at 9-o-clock, available to weak hand. By this time, I'd be in deep manure. This would be my last chance to take out the BG. I've trained with the BUG on the range. With no sights to speak of, and shooting weak hand, I was surprised to find that at 20 yards, I could still hit the 8 ring.
While it's not a senecio I want to try out, I do feel that I've got a back up plan.
I am glad you practiced with the weak hand. That is important to know how to do. A little trickier, but I always recommended that you carry the BUG where it is available to either hand. Best case scenario (other than not getting in a shooting or needing it) is that your primary malfunctions and you can pull the BUG with the weak hand and transfer it to the strong hand. But, you don't know which hand may be injured, so pulling it with the weak hand or strong hand may be necessary.

My habit is to carry 2 magazines of spare ammo. This is the way I was taught and required to do while in uniform. Over the years, carrying OWB at the 3:00 position with spare ammo at 9:00 to 11:00 (depending on belt and what else I am carrying on it) has become a habit.

Incidentally, do you know which way your magazines are facing in your carrier? I make sure I position mine with the front of the mag facing towards my front. That way, when I grab it, my left index finger is laying along the front of the mag and helps me guide it into the magazine well during a reload.
No bug, 2 spare mags (G19). I do practice shooting with my offside hand. Since I carry AIWB, I can reach my holstered pistol with my offside hand if I have to. As to which way my spare mags face, my mag carriers all force the mags to be facing front-forwards.
TAM, somehow there was never a doubt in my mind that you would know which way your mags faced.
They’re pretty affordable too! :thumbs2: :mrgreen:
https://kytexgear.com/product/duty-seri ... -17-22-31/
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”