U.S. companies

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 1

U.S. companies

Post by LDB415 »

Are there any major companies other than Henry that are 100% U.S. companies, firearms, optics, ammo, whatever?
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Tex1961

Re: U.S. companies

Post by Tex1961 »

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

POF, Daniel Defense, LWRC, Nighthawk Custom, Microtech, Staccato, Leupold, Eotech, Mossberg, Federal Ammunition …

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

One glitch in the question is that any publicly traded company is, well, public. It can have shares bought and sold by almost anyone, and that includes institutional funds that can have participants, legally, from a lot of different countries. An example is Sturm, Ruger & Company, based in Southport, CT, with additional production facilities in Newport, NH; Mayodan, NC; and Prescott, AZ. The "about" section under its press releases reads:
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc, together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and sells firearms under the Ruger name and trademark in the United States. It operates through two segments, Firearms and Castings. The company provides single-shot, autoloading, bolt-action, and sporting rifles; rimfire and centerfire autoloading pistols; single-action and double-action revolvers; and firearms accessories and replacement parts, as well as manufactures lever-action rifles under the Marlin name and trademark.
My take as of right now is that Ruger's total issued stock is slightly over 68% owned by institutional investors. Those include Eaton Vance Management, Patriot Investment Management Inc., Main Street Financial Solutions LLC, Sigma Planning Corp, Parallel Advisors LLC, and probably some more. So Ruger is incorporated and headquartered in the U.S., and all of it's manufacturing/production facilities are in the U.S., but it certainly could have non-U.S. investors and it may--I can't say; I'm not familiar enough and couldn't find anything on Google--source some materials or even some small manufactured parts offshore. Dunno. But on paper they look like a 100% American company.

To the list of niche--but well-known--companies I'd also add Wilson Combat, Kimber and, I believe, Kel-Tec.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”