ZincPoint Ammo blew up this guy's Glock

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 7

ZincPoint Ammo blew up this guy's Glock

Post by puma guy »

Never heard of this company based in Huntsville, Texas. Video speaks for itself, According to him after shooting 800 rounds catastrophe struck. Their appeal is very cheap ammo. Just a heads up, you pays your money and you takes your chances.

https://youtu.be/m4qmhIe4b7M
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 2

Re: ZincPoint Ammo blew up this guy's Glock

Post by eyedoc »

I have seen that before from the unsupported chamber on the Glock barrel. The pistol wears and gets a little more headspace that cause the case to blow.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/My ... y/4-77226/

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by eyedoc »

Glock has lawsuits against them over this.
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-set ... 0incidents.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

eyedoc wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:55 pm I have seen that before from the unsupported chamber on the Glock barrel. The pistol wears and gets a little more headspace that cause the case to blow.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/My ... y/4-77226/
There was a SIG that had one as well. Compounded by no response from Zincpoint nor any offer to replace or pay for the ammo he sent back to them to examine. Of course I doubt he'd want the ammo replaced. I think there were other similar complaints in some reviews of ZincPoint ammo as well.

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tex1961 »

Lots of BBB complaints about defective ammo.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Paladin »

Over the weekend a student brought Blazer Brass ammo to class. The first squib we cleared with a wooden dowel. The second put the bullet much deeper in the barrel and took a steel rod and a hammer to pound out. Fortunately he stopped shooting at the appropriate times. His Glock survived.

Anybody want some free ammo? :biggrinjester:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Paladin wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:29 pm Over the weekend a student brought Blazer Brass ammo to class. The first squib we cleared with a wooden dowel. The second put the bullet much deeper in the barrel and took a steel rod and a hammer to pound out. Fortunately he stopped shooting at the appropriate times. His Glock survived.

One of our local shooting ranges banned Blazer ammo years ago. They had a destroyed S&W revolver on display. I have used Blazer a time or two when the ammo shortage was severe with no issues, only their brass cased ammo.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

puma guy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:00 pm
Paladin wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:29 pm Over the weekend a student brought Blazer Brass ammo to class. The first squib we cleared with a wooden dowel. The second put the bullet much deeper in the barrel and took a steel rod and a hammer to pound out. Fortunately he stopped shooting at the appropriate times. His Glock survived.

One of our local shooting ranges banned Blazer ammo years ago. They had a destroyed S&W revolver on display. I have used Blazer a time or two when the ammo shortage was severe with no issues, only their brass cased ammo.
Both Marksman and Pasadena Gun Center have banned it for many years. The display at Pasadena is eye opening.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Paladin wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:13 pm

Both Marksman and Pasadena Gun Center have banned it for many years. The display at Pasadena is eye opening.
Pasadena Gun Center is the one I was talking about. I didn't know Marksman banned it. I shoot there a lot - been going there since the early 60's.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

puma guy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:46 pm

Pasadena Gun Center is the one I was talking about. I didn't know Marksman banned it. I shoot there a lot - been going there since the early 60's.
I asked the folks at Pasadena Gun Center about it one time and they were surprised and appalled Blazer stayed in business.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Paladin wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:38 pm

I asked the folks at Pasadena Gun Center about it one time and they were surprised and appalled Blazer stayed in business.
Paladin, Are you from Pasadena?

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

puma guy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:35 pm
Paladin wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:38 pm

No, but I used to spend a lot of time on the range there.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Paladin wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:52 am

Did you shoot at Marksman when Tom Mixon owned and ran it?

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

puma guy wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:10 am

I shot there from 2002-2011... Not certain if he was still running it at that time. Great place!

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Paladin wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:15 am
puma guy wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:10 am

I shot there from 2002-2011... Not certain if he was still running it at that time. Great place!
Thanks. Sending you a PM

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”