Springfield Echelon

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Springfield Echelon

Post by Rafe »

Springfield officially debuted its new Echelon pistol yesterday, and I gotta say it looks interesting. https://www.springfield-armory.com/eche ... -handguns/

The MSRP isn't too bad--$679 to $739 depending on model--but there's no indication whether Springfield intends to have it in anything but 9mm. My checkbook won't be happy about me adding another gun to the wishlist, but I've been wanting to move more toward RDS on my handguns but am not eager to mill existing slides. Their mounting solution looks pretty spiffy to me. 'Course, it's also a proprietary magazine...would of been nice if it accepted XD or XDm mags because, you know, gotta add the cost of extra magazines. Anyway:

“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Excaliber

Re: Springfield Echelon

Post by Excaliber »

This gun has a lot going for it.

I'll wait a year for others to finish the beta testing before I consider picking one up.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

Rafe wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:16 pm Springfield officially debuted its new Echelon pistol yesterday, and I gotta say it looks interesting. https://www.springfield-armory.com/eche ... -handguns/

The MSRP isn't too bad--$679 to $739 depending on model--but there's no indication whether Springfield intends to have it in anything but 9mm. My checkbook won't be happy about me adding another gun to the wishlist, but I've been wanting to move more toward RDS on my handguns but am not eager to mill existing slides. Their mounting solution looks pretty spiffy to me. 'Course, it's also a proprietary magazine...would of been nice if it accepted XD or XDm mags because, you know, gotta add the cost of extra magazines. Anyway:

The move to all RDS pistols had been incredibly costly for me, but a move i dont regret at all. At this point I havent looked down a set of irons almost a year.

Im always glad to see new things come to market and really love the shift to modularity, but the Echelon will be a pass for me. I would like to get my hands on it and feel the trigger though, as far as factory striker triggers, I think Walther takes the cake, would be nice to see others get their trigger act together.

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

There is some really nice ultra slo mo photography in this video.
Worth watching just for that.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”