Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Gun and ammo deflation suggests now is a good time to take advantage of sales

Post by Paladin »

American Gun Demand Hits Five-Year Low As Covid Mania Cools
Taking a look at ammo prices, Ammo Prices Now shows the most popular caliber for home defense (9mm) trends around 19 cents per round, a far cry from 71 cents per round during the Covid peak.
Good time to buy :cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gun and ammo deflation suggests now is a good time to take advantage of sales

Post by powerboatr »

yup
i see prices dropping at bulk ammo almost every day

i wish primers would come down
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

FastCarry

Re: Gun and ammo deflation suggests now is a good time to take advantage of sales

Post by FastCarry »

Ive had to get a second safe

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Looking forward to buying 9mm in bulk for .17/round like I was pre-plandemic.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I'll say, I'm not seeing it. Using ammoseek, 9mm, brass, new is still running around 25 cents per round. Been that price for several months now. Oh, I guess a few calibers have come down but nothing like pre pandemic and probably will never go that low again.

I'm just starting into reloading, mostly for my Milsurp rifle calibers. You want to talk expensive, wow.. try to get some 6.5 or 7.7 jap.. Carcano or some 8x56r. Some of that stuff is going upwards of 3 bucks per round...

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Looks like AAC is still running $0.25

https://palmettostatearmory.com/10-boxe ... 00rds.html
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

stever1950

Post by stever1950 »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:14 am I'll say, I'm not seeing it. Using ammoseek, 9mm, brass, new is still running around 25 cents per round. Been that price for several months now. Oh, I guess a few calibers have come down but nothing like pre pandemic and probably will never go that low again.

I'm just starting into reloading, mostly for my Milsurp rifle calibers. You want to talk expensive, wow.. try to get some 6.5 or 7.7 jap.. Carcano or some 8x56r. Some of that stuff is going upwards of 3 bucks per round...
I was given a small crate of misc. ammo. I have 1 box of 6.5 Jap, Norma, 139gr, soft point. Also a bunch of other cals I have no need for including 45acp, 222 Rem, 243 Rem, 44mag, 357 Sig, and some 41 Rem mag.
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:14 am I'll say, I'm not seeing it. Using ammoseek, 9mm, brass, new is still running around 25 cents per round. Been that price for several months now. Oh, I guess a few calibers have come down but nothing like pre pandemic and probably will never go that low again.

:iagree: I checked a few places including ammoseek...any 9mm under .25/round once shipping was added pushed to cost to over .30/round. Best 9mm price I found today is at sgammo at .26/round for 1000 rounds with shipping included.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

stever1950 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:28 am

I was given a small crate of misc. ammo. I have 1 box of 6.5 Jap, Norma, 139gr, soft point. Also a bunch of other cals I have no need for including 45acp, 222 Rem, 243 Rem, 44mag, 357 Sig, and some 41 Rem mag.
Sending PM

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Did a limited search on Ammo Seek and gun-deals and Wiki Arms. There were some reman 9mm for as low as 18.5¢ per round on the Ammo seek site. Cheapest new ammo on Ammo Seek was PMC Bronze $9.99/bx of 50. Wiki Arms has a Speer TMJ 115gr $13.99/bx of 100 or 14¢ per round. No idea what the shipping costs are on any of these.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

philip964

Post by philip964 »

You tube pulled up a video for me of guns being on sale.

Wow. Never thought I would hear the words- guns and ammo on sale.

FrogFan

Post by FrogFan »

puma guy wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:06 pm Did a limited search on Ammo Seek and gun-deals and Wiki Arms. There were some reman 9mm for as low as 18.5¢ per round on the Ammo seek site. Cheapest new ammo on Ammo Seek was PMC Bronze $9.99/bx of 50. Wiki Arms has a Speer TMJ 115gr $13.99/bx of 100 or 14¢ per round. No idea what the shipping costs are on any of these.
I'm in the market for some .380 and haven't seen any "bargains" on Ammoseek for it for quite a long time. Sitting for just under .25 per round plus shipping now. I'll keep waiting.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”